Ancient Coin at Ancient Cabin Site (Inspirational Post about John Walter Added)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Yo, Tnet Forum zoysters, I got out today with "Bone Dry Detecting" to a Colonial cabin site that I had researched for a month or two or three.

Well, to make a long metal detecting story short, I was swinging with Mr. Walter style sweeps, when I was startled with a "P" on "Penny" hit on my analog meter. I dug down, plopped some ancient soil down, and since my pinpointer's battery died, I had to call KirkPA over for some help. He handed me his pinpointer and while I acted like Mr. Walter, I got the "vibration" in the soil and plucked out a King George III coppa. I said to KirkPA, "It's a coin. It's a Colonial! It's a King George!" We proceeded to slap "high-fives" and then I yelled out, "Colonial!" The "Bone Dry Detecting" celebration soon started to proceed.

To end the day, the zoyster ended up with 6 buttons, 2 musketballs, 1 KGIII coppa (my 3rd Colonial for the year), and 1 big metal detecting smile.

I know Mr. Walter would be proud of my style.

KGIII009.jpg

zoyster

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: Ancient Coin at Ancient Cabin Site

Captn_SE said:
Hey Zoy, looks like your rasearch payed off again for you....you are a pro, man!!!

Congrats on your KGIII Coppa, along with all your other ooooldd relics.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks, Dan, for the reply! I do have a passion for researching just as much as I have a passion for the swingin'.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Congrads on a WonderFul find..
Any chanch that a Ole Tennessee boy migh become a junior member of the Big Bad Bone Dry DeTecting Club??
Joe

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

oneveteran said:
Congrads on a WonderFul find..
Any chanch that a Ole Tennessee boy migh become a junior member of the Big Bad Bone Dry DeTecting Club??
Joe

Sorry, bud, but we are happy with the four of us. :P :D ;D

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

O-Well that would be a long drive.
HH,
Joe

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Zoy!!!

Not many of those in Michigan....one of these days I gotta try my luck further east.

WTG
-SgtSki

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

This deserves to be back on top. You had a great day! Hell, you are having a killer month!

I think we are tied with 7 coins a piece in 2.5 weeks of detecting. All of them are coppas, besides my Capped. :o

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Amen to that. :D

zoyster

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

KirkPA said:
zoyboy said:

zoyster

Zoy, you have that one inn narrowed down yet?

As of this moment, I am face-to-face with an ancient history resource. I have been performing metal detecting calculations for three straight hours, hoping to establish a firm location value. :D

zoyster

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

zoyboy said:
KirkPA said:
zoyboy said:

zoyster

As of this moment, I am face-to-face with an ancient history resource. I have been performing metal detecting calculations for three straight hours, hoping to establish a firm location value. :D
zoyster

If anyone can obtain this ancient historical fact, you are the one. What kinds of coins would we find at this site?

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Zoy, we must hit this field again and again and again! Remember, Mr. Walter would go "Aaaalllllllll year."

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

KirkPA said:
zoyboy said:
KirkPA said:
zoyboy said:

zoyster

zoyster

If anyone can obtain this ancient historical fact, you are the one. What kinds of coins would we find at this site?

If my research places BDD in the exact location, expect to find ancient Colonials, half cents, Spanish cross pistareens, etc. :D

zoyster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread