Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

This was the most beautiful autumn week I can remember here in Missouri..the weekend was also incredible with sunny skies and cool temperatures.

I just had to get out today and swing the coil since there's not too many warm days left here. Most of the 131 coins found today were from a school I had been to before, but never checked one small area where many coins were hiding. It was in this area I also found a cool baseball token that's as big as a half dollar.

The ring is silver, found near the swings. I also found this strange fish (maybe part of a keychain) that has Greek letters on it. If anyone can translate it please do, it's all Greek to me ;D

My coin coint is only 53 away from my 8,000 coin goal so hopefully I'll make it during the week.

NOV5.jpg

NOV3.jpg

NOV2.jpg

NOV1.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Nat

Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work. 56, man that's a bunch.

Ken

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Nat, congrats again on another silver ring....you're doing great with the rings.
Going for 10K coins this year?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Here's some info on your fish:

Meaning of IXOYE and the Jesus Fish

For Christians, the fish is one of their earliest symbols—used to profess their faith and to avoid persecution. Christians chose the fish because of its prominence in Jesus' teachings and because of a famous acrostic (the letters of a word forming the initial letters of a phrase). The Greek word fish—IXOYE—forms the acrostic "Iesous, Christos, Theou, Yios, Soter" or "Jesus, Christ, God's, Son, Savior." Besides serving as a brief profession of faith, the fish also helped Christians distinguish between friend and foe. When traveling, if a Christian met another person, the Christian would draw half the fish (half a crescent) in the sand. If the other person completed the fish, he or she was a Christian. Gal. 6:17 is a reference to St. Paul's letter to the Galatians. Paul writes, "From now on let no one cause trouble for me, for I bear on my body the brand marks of Jesus."

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copngrats on that nice ring and all that loot Natman--Good hunt

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great day! But my attention was drawn to the Greg Maddux medallion... He was my favorite Cub... I know he spent a lot of time with the Braves and now Padres.... But I still have a Maddux Cubs shirt... I also have a cutout of him in my bookcase...He started his career in Chicago and came back again but left last year...really fun find!

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your replies, and thank you Captn for the info on the fish! 10K coins? I don't think so..that would mean I'd only have a few weeks to find 2,000 and I just don't see it happening. I'll keep hunting until it gets cold though and see what I end up with!

Gregg (speaking of 10K!) - the baseball token was the first coin I found in the area lots of coins were lost..my display read it as a dime. I dig stong dime and penny signals because sometimes I end up with a token or something other than a coin.

Nat

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a very good day. Way to go. I especially liked the Maddux medal. I also found one of those fish metals last year. Just figured that it was another religous metal of some sort, and I see that it has been identified as a Christian metal of faith.
Keep swingin and HH

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
That's a really nice token Nat..........and that is one mighty clad haul you have going (8K).

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol,

8k clad coinage, !!! That's more than enough, I didn't even get that much in 4 years of hunting...WTG!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

anteater

Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Beach Magnet, Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nat, if you want to shoot for 10,000 clan for 2007, let me know; and, I will be happy to double up with you, and you can have all the clad for the next two months. They are tearing up the sidewalk across the street, and they are taking out the equipment from a closed school playground down the street, plus there is a church tot lot behind my house that I have permission to hunt(but never have). Let me know if you want to hit these places together this month or next.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread