Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I are getting a bit cabin crazy so we asked our daughter if we could come visit to see her and her husband and the grands (my detecting buddies). Since we have been asymptomatic for a month, she agreed but still wouldn't give me a hug. :unhappysmiley:

My daughter and her husband just bought 10 acres of land with 850' of river frontage and are excited for me to get busy detecting on it so today the process began. The land is interesting from an historical perspective in that there is a known militia trail bordering it as well as a clearly defined trade road through it. I have been researching the plot but have a long way to go on that front.

Back to today's trip. I knew that the grands would like to look for hidden treasure so I loaded up my NOX-600, an ancient Tesoro, and a couple of Bounty Hunter Trackers and headed out. The kids took me to a tree stand where they knew someone must have dropped a pocket full of change so we hit the dirt running. We worked the area for about 10 minutes and found the shot shells and the 30-06 casing.

The other items were found near what we think are the remains of an old grist mill. The shoe sole is 170 mm long x 67 mm at its widest. The button was found very close to the shoe. I'm trying to determine the size of the shoe by its dimensions.

All in all, it was a good day.

Treasures -1 4-19-2020.jpg

Upvote 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread