THE NEWBIE CREATES A MONSTER

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
I showed my mother this site...so she goes and grabs my dads metal detector that is really never used anyway--does some playin with it--and IM's me to see if I am going out diggin this weekend---said if i am off work then i am going md'ing - well now we will have me, my son, and my mother (3 generations) on the hunt-----this could be interesting - figure by the end of the day the only back left will be in the 10 year old, - -I sure hope he can carry us both inside at the end of the day - may even have to let him drive gramma home and then take us home

NOW WHAT BETTER WAY FOR FAMILY BONDING THEN SOME SERIOUS DOWN TO EARTH MD'ING

Upvote 0
P

Pugsley6485

Nice there resq,
Still have yet to till my parents that I got an MD. I remember when I was a small child I always wanted one, but was always told its was a waste of money. Now I have the decent paying job, and all I can say to that is HAHAHAH. I don't think its time to tell them that I got a new Ace 250 on the way to the house. OMG then the crap will seriously hit the fan when they find out I have 2. ROFL LMAO...I cant wait.

PS. This is why I should not have children. As they always say it comes back twice fold with your own.

OP
OP
R

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
so i have discovered...lol you from near York saw you hit the fairgrounds-----might have to find some decent looking spots and meet up to do some excavating I am in Mechanicsburg

P

Pugsley6485

Yeah that would be great. If you ever want to do something like that just send me a PM with the particulars, and I'll let you know.

N

NC Barefoot2

;D Joy, Joy, JOY! You guys and gal will have a great time! Years from now, the young, 10 year old will have inherited your detector and will be able to share some fond memories of the "good ole days" with his kids!!! Think about that for just a minute or two. This is a GREAT setup! I got a 4 year old grandson and he and I will be pals on the NC beach this summer. Can't wait for the bonding to develop even more so. Right now, at age 4, he thinks money for Krispy Cream Donuts comes from the GROUND! Guess what? He might be right. Best wishes!

NC Barefoot2

OP
OP
R

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
LOL are you kidding he already has his own detector just like mine----and much like me he is ready to upgrade it---told him to save his clad all summer and I will pay the difference in a better one for him....doin good 'cept for the quarters--video games just seem to suck them quarters out of that pocket.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Let us all know how your detecting went with the family. Always great to hear that the whole family is involved in detecting, better than watching the one eye monster tell you what you need to buy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread