USA BUTTON, JERSEY, CONN. HIBERNIA

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out this weekend to get a little play time in and do some recon. My buddy and I fought sticker bushes, swampland, ticks and the usual terrain that he get dragged into. "So you want to go detecting" I say. Its not a day at the beach! I found quite a few decent finds Yesterday.. he was frustrated, then After 8 hours of digging he calls me over all excited he FINALLY found a coin- it was a 1983 nickel :laughing7: Hence the new site name NICKEL SITE. He gets mad every time i say it. :laughing7:My coins will be conserved more while His nickel probably got thrown on the side of the road.

usa.jpg USA reverse.jpg knickle.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_191441.jpg
    IMG_20190213_191441.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 34
OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, That's my best USA button so far. Now if I can only find a GW button........:dontknow:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds. Nice array of coppers... but the USA button is amazing. :notworthy:

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing button! Seal that thing up this renaissance wax or hair spray ASAP!

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see the added close-up photos of the coppers you dug. Fantastic metal detecting results. The USA button is stunning, especially for a pewter button. :notworthy:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Easily a Banner button!
Imo I guess.
None ive recovered come close to yours regarding condition.
When any gold coin goes up top, I just don't understand why THAT BUTTON doesn't :director:
My vote is in there with hogges.
Big congrats!
maybe adding a square cropped pic will help, mods may not feel like editing that tall image

Last edited:

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Wow! Fantastic find on the USA button! They rarely come out of the ground that nice! I don't know why that's not up on the banner yet but I'm putting my vote in

Now, I think that button with the stars might actually be a snake button. There are areas around the rim that look too regular to be corrosion and in fact, look kinda like scales (particularly at the 7p position).

I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about colonial buttons so someone more versed in this area could definitely tell you more.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a real travesty that this POST and finds.....The Continental Army Button......was passed over for Banner. I'll never understand it......C'MON.....REALLY!!!! That's not only a GREAT FIND but at least a $1,000++ Button. Shame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread