USA BUTTON, JERSEY, CONN. HIBERNIA

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out this weekend to get a little play time in and do some recon. My buddy and I fought sticker bushes, swampland, ticks and the usual terrain that he get dragged into. "So you want to go detecting" I say. Its not a day at the beach! I found quite a few decent finds Yesterday.. he was frustrated, then After 8 hours of digging he calls me over all excited he FINALLY found a coin- it was a 1983 nickel :laughing7: Hence the new site name NICKEL SITE. He gets mad every time i say it. :laughing7:My coins will be conserved more while His nickel probably got thrown on the side of the road.

usa.jpg USA reverse.jpg knickle.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_191441.jpg
    IMG_20190213_191441.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
Upvote 34

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That USA pewter button is a serious keeper! Treat it well and be proud of a great find! I hope someday I come across one of those!

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m insanely jealous of that button. Congrats!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful USA button. They don't come out of the ground any better than that. As for your other finds, I'll have to take your word for it. Your pictures certainly don't live up to your headline :BangHead:

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful USA button. They don't come out of the ground any better than that. As for your other finds, I'll have to take your word for it. Your pictures certainly don't live up to your headline :BangHead:

Ditto - Awesome finds. I believe that's a Rev War button, and those early coppers look to be in great shape. Congrats on a terrific hunt, but where's your enthusiasm?

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful button. From what I can see, those coppers are in great shape. I would be very excited finding any of those. Congrats!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
that's exceptional condition on that button...many pewters from the Rev War era haven't done that well in the ground but yours has, the soil has been very kind
great recovery!

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Better Pics.

I Posted better pictures of new finds. Does anyone recognize the last button with small stars? I still have a Large coat button soaking nic1.jpg nic2.jpg nic3.jpg nic4.jpg nic5.jpg nic6.jpg nic7.jpg nic8.jpg nic9.jpg

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like my coins to come out like my other finds 94 cap3.jpg 94 half cent.jpg 94cap7.jpg

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice conditioned coppers and the buttons icing on the cake, no idea on the button with stars. The NJ copper looks like a 1786 Maris 24-P variety says Rarity 2 but in my survey it is only the 11th one of that variety, that is in the Scarce or V Scarce in my survey.......

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing finds and their condition! Congratulations!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's what I'm talking about :icon_thumleft: Nice looking coppers. No idea on the button with stars, maybe some type of patriotic button?

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button with stars on it appears to have letter or something on it, that might require trying to remove some crud and see if there is, I would think just stars around the perimeter would be a bit odd, but having some letter or letters/numbers would make sense............

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That USA, CONTINENTAL ARMY, BUTTON deserves Banner! Usually the letters aren't that crisp! That has very little wear. BANNER! Mine made it and was just like it. That is a FANTASTIC FIND. The Connecticut is an M.36-1.1. 95% sure.

Last edited:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button with stars on it appears to have letter or something on it, that might require trying to remove some crud and see if there is, I would think just stars around the perimeter would be a bit odd, but having some letter or letters/numbers would make sense............
If you look close the button is covered with stars. They are just really worn. I see 2, possibly 3, rows anyways. Some kinda day!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread