Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents called me up last Thursday night and told me they had a surprise for me when I came home to visit on Friday. Apparently a puppy was hanging around our back steps all day Thursday and my mom decided to bring it in the house that night so it wouldn't freeze to death. She immediately fell in love with it and so did my dad, which is very unusual for him because ever since his last dog died he said he didn't want any dogs. So I came home Friday and my mom and I took her to the vet to see if she had an identification chip in her. She didn't, so my mom and dad decided that we would keep her because they did not want to send her to the pound. So now I have a new detecting buddy when I come home from college on vacation! Her name is Wrigley(my dad is a huge Cubs fan) and the vet said she's a 3-4 month old Lab mix, but mainly Lab. She's so cute and she never leaves my side when I'm around! I included a picture to spread the joy. I'll also be posting all my finds as soon as I get my new detector. Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• wrigley.jpg
    wrigley.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 977
Upvote 0

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
congrats on the hunting partner. Make sure you train her to smell where the coins are!!

HH

Funkman

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new pal! Anyone who's a pet lover is ok in my book and she looks like a sweetheart.

I'm a bit biased about the name, but I love it :)

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Tell your mom and dad nice find. I can't understand how someone can just leave a pup outside to fend for themself when the weather is getting unbearably cold. She looks like a sweetheart and I am sure that she will bring many years of love, loyalty, and friendship. As someone said, start the coin digging training right away. I know they love to dig.
HH Roy

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As soon as I saw her pic, I saw the Lab in her..we have one and she's the best dog we've ever had (she's also an ace when it comes to playing frisbee).

Have fun,
Nat

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
We were going to name my second born Wrigley if thge Cubs won it all in 2003, but you know the outcome of that story all too well I am sure !!

Go Cubs !

Mark ( A.K.A. ivy_walls )

OP
OP
C

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they love to dig.

That's an understatement. My parents didn't even have her 24 hours and she dug about a dozen holes in their flowerbed and a dozen more in the yard.

We were going to name my second born Wrigley if thge Cubs won it all in 2003, but you know the outcome of that story all too well I am sure !!

Without a doubt, I'm reminded of it everyday by my roommate who is a White Sox fan. But I remain loyal to my Cubs every season! I have faith that it will happen sometime. :)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What a beautiful pup you have there...many wonderful "digging" days for you both!!

Congrats to Mom and Dad for extending their home to a wayward pup and giving him love and a home and a detecting buddy!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh she's a beauty... all my fur babies are rescue's. I dearly love em all... and yours is a cutie pie... best of luck with her... she knows shes got a great home ( funny how they pick you out isn't it) congrats on your new hunting buddy

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
dogs are awsome! She looks like she will be a big dog! they make great mding partners!! wtg!

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
So, are you going to train your puppy to wear saddle bags? That way she can carry all of your finds. Don't imagine it would be difficult to train a dog to do that for you.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D In my book she would be my find of the year. I'm glad she found such a loving home! HH

Desertfox

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
A little over 4 years ago I was working at home (I am a draftsman). It was a warm September day, nice and sunny and breezy.

Had the front door open, screen door closed. Heard something outside go "YIP!" and I thought "What in the heck was that?"

So I got up and went to the door, and there were 3 puppies jumping around in my front yard (relatively speaking...I live out in the middle of the forest).

I walked out on the porch and all 3 of them came running up to me like I was their long-lost best friend!

We occasionally get people in our neighborhood who drive out to where we are, and dump unwanted pets.
I will keep quiet about my opinions of those people.

I do not know if that is how those three puppies wound up at my place. My neighbors were clueless as well.

So I kept them for a week, while I located a no-kill shelter, and made up my mind as to how many I wanted to keep, as of course they were to cute to deny all of them a home.

I chose one, who was the lowest on the totem pole, and got beat up a lot by the other two.
They were about 3 months old.

I took the other 2 to the shelter to be adopted out.

And my little Buddy is now 4 years old.

THAT is some of the greatest treasure I have ever found. And I did not even have to hunt for it...it came to me!
:)

Congrats on your parent's new 'kid'. ;D

catskillcomics

Oct 26, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
IMO, the best find yet! Dogs are the best, I have a lab too who is just a hoot as a pal, though I wouldn't be able to take him MDing, he's too squirrel aggresive..LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions