My best ring find yet!! (PIC ADDED)

CZ7922

Jun 11, 2004
Went to a popular sledding hill and my only find was this ring (having trouble posting a pic, will try again tonight).? It is marked 14K, and there are a couple other markings I'm not sure what they mean:? one looks like "MW4P", and the other looks like "1GRB".? There is a stone which may or may not be a diamond as well as several baguet-type stones.? Could the markings indicate something about the stone?

The funny thing is it was an eyeball find.? Just for kicks I ran my detector over it (Prizm 3), and it registered as foil.? Bottom line, if it wasn't on the surface I would have passed right over it.? I have found two 14K gold wedding bands which both registered as nickels.? I know many of you say "dig everything", but my detector wouldn't even beep when I swept over it.?

Upvote 0

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: My best ring find yet!!

Cant help you on those other marks but it still is GOLD! By the description, it sounds like a nice find.Hope you can post a pic of it.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

congrats on the nice gold ring, a very high percentage of gold rings as well as bracelts earrings pendents, and chaind will read as foil,
so gotta dig the foil
hh
dave+bobbie

M

mtl-huntr

congrats...still waiting on my first ring

OP
OP
C

CZ7922

Jun 11, 2004

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck posting a pic. I will try again tomorrow because I need to get to bed.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's

right on dave! no foil or nickles means no gold. lookin forward to pics of the ring.

peace,bigrig

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Nice find,Hope you have luck with the pic,sounds like a nice ring.HH

Altiman

Aug 1, 2004
Wild Wild West
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Great find! Have you checked your settings, perhaps sensitivity or discrimination too high. Just a thought since id did not register as you swept across it. Good luck

Altiman

C

chaazz

Haven't found a gold ring yet but i have found 2 silver rings . Congratulations and can't wait to see the rings.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Good job. Anxious to see the pics. Haven't found my first gold yet, but found a silver ring several weeks ago! HH 8)

OP
OP
C

CZ7922

Jun 11, 2004
Re: My best ring find yet!! (NOW WITH PHOTO)

Okay, I think I have the photo posting thing down. It's not especially clear though.

As far as my settings. The PRIZM 3 won't allow you to lower your discrimination to accept foil. I had the sensitivity at 6 out of 8 bars which is the default setting. I have previously found 2 14K wedding bands at that setting which registered as nickels. I will have to give it a try with sensitivity at max setting.

Attachments

• 14k ring with stone 4-14-05.jpg
    14k ring with stone 4-14-05.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 477

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
That sure looks like an expensive ring. Nice find eyeballed or not!

As far as the picture goes, try backing the camera away from it then zoom in some.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW!!! That is a great looking ring... WTG!!!
If your camera doesn't have a close-up setting, try putting a magnifying class in front of the lens to refocus it...
Sometimes I'll hook the camera up like a web cam so that I can see what the pic is looking like. Then you can just hit " Print Screen " on the keyboard, go into a pic editor, and paste the pic as a new image, crop , resize, your done...
I got an el' cheapo camera so my pics still sometimes don't look all that great, Proper lighting has a lot to do with it..
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring, looks like a bick rock! HH, Mike

OP
OP
C

CZ7922

Jun 11, 2004
I appreciate all your tips and eompliments. I'll see if I can get a better pic using some of your advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread