xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend I got out to do some detecting on the early side: we were supposed to meet at 6:00am but I got there a little late. We were planning on detecting near a stadium. I knew that area but I was trying to find my buddy who didn't know it as well. I ended up walking around the entire stadium trying to find him and called him 3 times. It was a who's on first type of moment. Let the detecting begin: It was your typical urban mess of trash and bottle caps with some old stuff mixed in. I found a wheatie and then within a few minutes I found a wheatie / IHP drop of two coins in the same hole. Eurika! This was absolute proof that IHP's and Wheaties co-existed together just as Homo sapiens and Neanderthals did. I could finally go home. but then I kept detecting. I found two more IHP's and a 53 Rosie, a ring, a half marble, a pipe stem and a Mary pendant... If you read my post last week I found the exact same design of pendant the previous weekend but in Sterling silver and a larger version. Now I know these things are not rare but it's interesting that I found them on back to back hunts. Is Mary trying to tell me something? My friends found multiple barber dimes. I had my heart set on finding a Barber. It's okay though I appreciate what I was able to find and I really like how these IHP's cleaned up! Hope you all had a nice weekend. 8-)

Attachments

• IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
Upvote 22

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice religious pendant. I found three of them yesterday, but none were silver. Good job on the IHPs too.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....Eurika! This was absolute proof that IHP's and Wheaties co-existed together just as Homo sapiens and Neanderthals did. 8-)
Very funny. Nice IH pennies. Those Miraculous Medals are common, at least some varieties, but I think they are still pretty special. Congrats on a nice hunt. HH!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very funny. Nice IH pennies. Those Miraculous Medals are common, at least some varieties, but I think they are still pretty special. Congrats on a nice hunt. HH!

Thanks! If only the coins could talk! Yeah now that I think about it I may have found two other Miraculous medals a couple years ago. It's strange as far as Catholic / Christian symbols go one would think the crucifix was way easier to find but I have not detected one yet!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds! :occasion14:

The Lord is calling you!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and IH I wouldnt mind Mary following me around I like finding old pendants like that Well done

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt!! I had to put an addition on my house for all the religious medallions I’ve found

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds Xcopperstax! Love your little tribe of indians. I think Mother Mary is giving you a big "Thumbs Up"!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds neighbor! Anytime I find a religious item of any kind, I take that as a sign and know I'm going to call it a successful hunt (see my avatar!)

thursdaythunder

Aug 13, 2019
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold / AT Pro / Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul xcopperstax .. Congrats! Love those IHP's :icon_thumleft:

I also found one of those Miraculous Medals the same day you did last week but mine turned out to be silver plated.
Hence the no show-no tell ..till now!
1589495532207.jpg

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul xcopperstax .. Congrats! Love those IHP's :icon_thumleft:

I also found one of those Miraculous Medals the same day you did last week but mine turned out to be silver plated.
Hence the no show-no tell ..till now!
View attachment 1835695

What a strange occurrence! Mary is everywhere! Congrats on it. That looks like a very similar design to mine!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP