Finished up the kiddie coin spill with 214 more coins
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Finished up the kiddie coin spill with 214 more coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Finished up the kiddie coin spill with 214 more coins

I went back to finish up the last part of the giant coin spill today. In 2 hours I cleaned up the last 3x4 foot area of the spill. I call it a spill, but it could also be considered a dump. I am pretty sure with all the sawdust I am finding, even a few piles of fresh sawdust on the surface, that this is the result of a kiddie pool sawdust party game. You fill the pool with saw dust and sprinkle in coins for the kiddies to search for and keep. When I was done I always sifted the sawdust to get the missed coins before I threw out the dust. But whoever did this game, just dumped the dust because the place was loaded with coins. As before, I just pinpointed and troweled my way along swingin the CZ21 over the areas I was done to get any coins missed in my search (when you dig out a pile of dirt sometimes it has multiple coins in it and I missed a few searching the piles, when I used the detector I caught the misses).

Today I found 214 coins in 2 hours with a face value of $6.73 which makes a grand total of 573 coins in 5 hours, total value $21.24 searching a 3x10 foot area. That is 114 coins per hour, what a spill! Among today’s coins I did find 3 euro coins, a 1, a 2 and a 5 euro cent as well as a 1941 wheatie. I also found an aluminum grommet, 3 nails and a piece of can slaw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74B8370C-613B-4D43-A08C-B31726332A46.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	655.9 KB 
ID:	1834911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04B687A4-8F9A-49FD-B7A9-EF621192ED7A.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	804.0 KB 
ID:	1834912

After I finished the spill I still had an hour left so I continued on detecting along the fence line for another hour and managed to find an addition 34 coins with a face value of $2.58. I also found an aluminum tag with the number 89(or 68 if you turn it over). I also found some pieces of fence tie wire. It is made of aluminum and gives enough of a good signal, you have to dig it to be sure if it is good or not (at least I can recycle it). I almost always find some when detecting close to chain link fences.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1ADAF52D-F87C-4DE6-83A8-FCC2779D3889.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	738.3 KB 
ID:	1834913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73A881A8-83E7-47EC-9BBF-FD1BFB87465A.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	766.0 KB 
ID:	1834914

Again nothing fancy, but a lot of gas money and good old social distancing exercise for the old man. Pennsylvania and Maryland have loosened up their restrictions so I am off to the scout camp tomorrow to clean up more camping areas. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.
    If you’re not digging trash you are missing treasure.

us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri/Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    15123 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice Score on gas money!!! Congrats!!!
    tnt-hunter and A2coins like this.
    AviTech Associate
    The Cygnus 1X, soon to find All that’s been missed, & left behind!

What would life be without challenges, and detecting of course.....

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    32708 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Great coin spill, congrats!

Charter Member

Feb 2007
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Whites V3 and XLT
    911 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Holy smokes!! thats cool!

I just have to ask... at what point did you start getting bored when you knew what was coming out of the ground next?
    A2coins and tnt-hunter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    40261 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I never heard of the Kiddie pool saw dust game I hope I find one some day and hope the Kiddies werent good at playing it lol Good job on picking up all those coins
    Trezurehunter and tnt-hunter like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 89 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Quote Originally Posted by watercolor View Post
    Holy smokes!! thats cool!

I just have to ask... at what point did you start getting bored when you knew what was coming out of the ground next?
    I admit it can be a little boring, but you never really know what will come out next so there’s is always that element of anticipation and the hope you will find a nice surprise. In my detecting years I have had a nice number of pleasant surprises. Stay safe and keep swingin.
    A2coins likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I never heard of the Kiddie pool saw dust game I hope I find one some day and hope the Kiddies werent good at playing it lol Good job on picking up all those coins
    This is actually the 4th or 5th one I have found. The others were a few dozen coins with sawdust around the coins. This one had way more coins than anything I have found in the past. Thanks Tommy, stay safe and keep swingin.
    A2coins likes this.

Feb 2017
    Santa Barbara,Ca
    Bounty Hunter Prospector Fisher CZ6A
    1846 times
    Metal Detecting
    I found one of those at a local park. I pulled almost $30 bucks ! An old timer told me it was a place where there was a hay pile and that people threw coins in for kids. I was told of another park that did the same thing but it had been heavily landscaped.
    tnt-hunter likes this.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2424 times
    Metal Detecting
    Cool.
    I once discovered a kiddy find sand pit at the beach but these guys must have been loaded because they used all dollars, susan b, sacs and presidents. Some of them were painted green, yellow or red, for what reason I don't know. All told I found 57 of them in an hour or so.
    tnt-hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Cool.
    I once discovered a kiddy find sand pit at the beach but these guys must have been loaded because they used all dollars, susan b, sacs and presidents. Some of them were painted green, yellow or red, for what reason I don't know. All told I found 57 of them in an hour or so.
    All dollar coins! Wow, if mine had all been dollar coins it would have make a wonderful start to my detecting year. Stay safe and keep swingin

us
    Mar 2019
    Central Texas
    Minelab Etrac Minelab Equinox
    473 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Cool.
    Just a guess, but from having done a few seeded metal detecting hunts, I'd say the painted ones were prize tokens that you turned in after the hunt in exchange for something better... hopefully.
    tnt-hunter likes this.

us
    Mar 2013
    California
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3625 times
    Metal Detecting
    WoW!
    Spill or Dump or Cache...., whatever, it is an incredible find...!
    My biggest was 69 coins.....
    tnt-hunter likes this.
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

us
    Hunter

May 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter
    2006 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice cache!

Surely a gas score though
    tnt-hunter likes this.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2424 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by CTXAgGetter View Post
    Just a guess, but from having done a few seeded metal detecting hunts, I'd say the painted ones were prize tokens that you turned in after the hunt in exchange for something better... hopefully.
    Must have been, as if a $ wasn't good enough for a kid !
    tnt-hunter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links