Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to finish up the last part of the giant coin spill today. In 2 hours I cleaned up the last 3x4 foot area of the spill. I call it a spill, but it could also be considered a dump. I am pretty sure with all the sawdust I am finding, even a few piles of fresh sawdust on the surface, that this is the result of a kiddie pool sawdust party game. You fill the pool with saw dust and sprinkle in coins for the kiddies to search for and keep. When I was done I always sifted the sawdust to get the missed coins before I threw out the dust. But whoever did this game, just dumped the dust because the place was loaded with coins. As before, I just pinpointed and troweled my way along swingin the CZ21 over the areas I was done to get any coins missed in my search (when you dig out a pile of dirt sometimes it has multiple coins in it and I missed a few searching the piles, when I used the detector I caught the misses).

Today I found 214 coins in 2 hours with a face value of $6.73 which makes a grand total of 573 coins in 5 hours, total value $21.24 searching a 3x10 foot area. That is 114 coins per hour, what a spill! Among today’s coins I did find 3 euro coins, a 1, a 2 and a 5 euro cent as well as a 1941 wheatie. I also found an aluminum grommet, 3 nails and a piece of can slaw.

74B8370C-613B-4D43-A08C-B31726332A46.jpeg 04B687A4-8F9A-49FD-B7A9-EF621192ED7A.jpeg

After I finished the spill I still had an hour left so I continued on detecting along the fence line for another hour and managed to find an addition 34 coins with a face value of $2.58. I also found an aluminum tag with the number 89(or 68 if you turn it over). I also found some pieces of fence tie wire. It is made of aluminum and gives enough of a good signal, you have to dig it to be sure if it is good or not (at least I can recycle it). I almost always find some when detecting close to chain link fences.

1ADAF52D-F87C-4DE6-83A8-FCC2779D3889.jpeg 73A881A8-83E7-47EC-9BBF-FD1BFB87465A.jpeg

Again nothing fancy, but a lot of gas money and good old social distancing exercise for the old man. Pennsylvania and Maryland have loosened up their restrictions so I am off to the scout camp tomorrow to clean up more camping areas. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Score on gas money!!! Congrats!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great coin spill, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes!! thats cool!

I just have to ask... at what point did you start getting bored when you knew what was coming out of the ground next? :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard of the Kiddie pool saw dust game I hope I find one some day and hope the Kiddies werent good at playing it lol Good job on picking up all those coins

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes!! thats cool!

I just have to ask... at what point did you start getting bored when you knew what was coming out of the ground next? :laughing7:

I admit it can be a little boring, but you never really know what will come out next so there’s is always that element of anticipation and the hope you will find a nice surprise. In my detecting years I have had a nice number of pleasant surprises. Stay safe and keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard of the Kiddie pool saw dust game I hope I find one some day and hope the Kiddies werent good at playing it lol Good job on picking up all those coins

This is actually the 4th or 5th one I have found. The others were a few dozen coins with sawdust around the coins. This one had way more coins than anything I have found in the past. Thanks Tommy, stay safe and keep swingin.

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found one of those at a local park. I pulled almost $30 bucks ! An old timer told me it was a place where there was a hay pile and that people threw coins in for kids. I was told of another park that did the same thing but it had been heavily landscaped.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool.
I once discovered a kiddy find sand pit at the beach but these guys must have been loaded because they used all dollars, susan b, sacs and presidents. Some of them were painted green, yellow or red, for what reason I don't know. All told I found 57 of them in an hour or so.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.
I once discovered a kiddy find sand pit at the beach but these guys must have been loaded because they used all dollars, susan b, sacs and presidents. Some of them were painted green, yellow or red, for what reason I don't know. All told I found 57 of them in an hour or so.

All dollar coins! Wow, if mine had all been dollar coins it would have make a wonderful start to my detecting year. Stay safe and keep swingin

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool.

Just a guess, but from having done a few seeded metal detecting hunts, I'd say the painted ones were prize tokens that you turned in after the hunt in exchange for something better... hopefully.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW!
Spill or Dump or Cache...., whatever, it is an incredible find...! :thumbsup:
My biggest was 69 coins.....

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice cache!:occasion14:

Surely a gas score though:)

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a guess, but from having done a few seeded metal detecting hunts, I'd say the painted ones were prize tokens that you turned in after the hunt in exchange for something better... hopefully.

Must have been, as if a $ wasn't good enough for a kid !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread