Today's Permission Turned Out To Be A Dud And I Was Told No

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early this morning I headed out to my new permission to see if I could find some silver. Come to find out the house was built later than the other homes in the area, so chances were slim that I'd find any silver coins. I wasn't finding anything except for some clad coins and if I'm not finding wheat pennies I lose interest. After giving it a good shot, I left there and headed to a previously detected yard.

I wasn't really expecting to find anything, but low and behold, I got my Deus over a great sounding target. I knew it was silver because I was getting a steady 93 reading, so I pulled out the other detectors that I had with me to see what they'd do over the target. The Vista X was sounding off loud and clear, the Nox was hitting it hard, but the ID numbers weren't as steady, The F75 was hitting it hard and high toning but the ID numbers were real bouncy. I ended up popping a Mercury dime.

While I was detecting the front curb strip, I notice a guy unloading groceries across the street so I thought I'd go over there and see if I could get permission to detect his large corner lot. The guy wasn't very friendly and I couldn't get a conversation started with him so I didn't have a good feeling about asking him to detect his yard, but I asked anyway. He just simply said no. I pressed him on it and he finally told me that his wife was sick and that his dogs wouldn't stop barking if I detected the yard and he didn't want her to get upset. I told him that I understood and I left. You can't win them all.

Anyway, I decided to leave and go to another yard that I've detected to see what I might have missed. I didn't find anything in the front yard but did manage to get my search over another sweet-sounding 93 ID in the backyard. A didn't cover the backyard very well the last time that I detected it because of the barking dog next door. I popped a Rosie dime. It's silver and I'll take it.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    632.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    718.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 22

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don’t feel so bad...I’ve gotten the barking wife and sick dog excuse myself.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tab, you squeaked out a couple silvers, which.. given today’s standards, is pretty good! Congrats on coaxing some silvers out and don’t sweat the “NO”, wasn’t your first and won’t be the last... but those YESSES are nice! Ddf.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Find!!!
Thanks!

Don’t feel so bad...I’ve gotten the barking wife and sick dog excuse myself.
Me too.
Hey Tab, you squeaked out a couple silvers, which.. given today’s standards, is pretty good! Congrats on coaxing some silvers out and don’t sweat the “NO”, wasn’t your first and won’t be the last... but those YESSES are nice! Ddf.
Thanks! I read the guy right and I shouldn't have asked for permission. I'm not used to getting 'NO' when I ask.

tabman

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice couple of Silvers for the pouch. Thanks for sharing and GL out there. :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet silver, congrats! :occasion14:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.
I don't see why anyone would let a perfect stranger dig around on their property, I wouldn't say no I'd say hell no. Conversely, I wouldn't ask either and never have but I think its a matter of time before someone asks me.

Not a dig at you TM, everyones got their own style.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ,2 heads up is better than sitting at home with rain all day and 2 dogs barking over the fence all day .TP

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gonna get a no, so now you got it out of the way, I dont know !!if I gave someone permission to hunt my yard and Ive seen people pulling some good stuff like old gold rings handfuls of silver ect I dont think I would like that lol I mean if they showed me what they found and offered some of it ? I think that might be one reason I hesitate. Though we are treasure hunters and the more effort you put in the more you get out. Im always glad to see how well you do and well deserved plus if you dont hunt thier yard all that stuff would NEVER be found , Just thinking out loud..........Good day getting two silver dimes keep up the good work........Tommy

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silvers Tabman. I was going to comment on your "no" permission, but I hear my dog barking, and my wife is sick. Gotta go !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the 2 silvers.
I've had the permission from the Mrs-and the boot from the Mr. before.
Maybe that's why I love open farm fields.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice recoveries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread