Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple days ago whilst searching the small ads for car parts i noticed a clock laying between old mirrors on a pic. It looked like a German aircraft clock so i asked the seller about a mirror i liked. We negotiated a price and i asked what he wanted complete with the little clock on the pic. He added $12 for it.
Today the box came in and the clock is really a WWII clock as used in many German Warbirds like the Me 109 and FW190.
A bit research needed to know that this is the V5.1 of the Bo-Uk-1 made by Junghans. The V5.1 was introduced later in war. My clock needs to be checked by a clockmaker because the wind up mechanism is hard going, otherwise all works.
I'd say it was a good deal for 12 bucks.... :laughing7:

38587339mt.jpg

38587340nt.jpg

38587496qd.jpg

38587498zo.jpg

Some info on the German clocks
JUNGHANS

And the V5.1
https://www.junghans-vintage.de/en/uhren/flugzeug-borduhren/junghans-borduhr-bo-uk-1-version-5.html

Upvote 29

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, very nice indeed !

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's really cool, probably somewhat rare as well. My Grandmother used to have an instrument panel clock with stopwatch that I believe came from a P-80 Shooting Star. Sadly I don't know what happened to it after she passed away

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice purchase, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool find. Good deal!... I say. The paint on the hands might be Radium so be careful there.

Keep your eyes pealed for WWII aircraft altimeters. They make neat desk barometers. I have one and a lil tap and I can see if the pressure is falling or raising.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give you $13 for it.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's really cool, probably somewhat rare as well. My Grandmother used to have an instrument panel clock with stopwatch that I believe came from a P-80 Shooting Star. Sadly I don't know what happened to it after she passed away

Not as rare as you might think, but still worth a couple hundred now.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool find. Good deal!... I say. The paint on the hands might be Radium so be careful there.

Keep your eyes pealed for WWII aircraft altimeters. They make neat desk barometers. I have one and a lil tap and I can see if the pressure is falling or raising.

Thanks, good idea! My father had a turn and bank indicator on the shelf. He kept it as souvenir from his service. If i find a barometer i can start my own instrument panel...
Not sure a bout the paint. Pretty sure it is/was the real stuff. I tested and it's not glowing any more.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , WW 2 Hidden Escape And Evasion Button Compasses Luftwaffe Vs RAF flying equipment of the war 1939 - 1945 Mick J Prodger That's Free Lots of members going through general service buttons this weekend . TP

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great piece of history Good score on that I love Military related stuff

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Nice score Lu. I've got a turn/bank indicator and a compass out of a DC3 (Dakota). Dad's Aunt worked in the plant. Good luck.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice , you say it could be a Me 109 clock , that is better than nice .... I always thought the Stuka dive bomber was kind of badass , the siren and all ... ha ha

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice , you say it could be a Me 109 clock , that is better than nice .... I always thought the Stuka dive bomber was kind of badass , the siren and all ... ha ha

In fact, it could be installed in almost every German wartime aircraft. I got in touch with a collector and he confirmed my research being the clock a late war version.
Doesn't matter if it was installed in a trainer for blind flight training or a TA 152. A piece of history saved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread