Old volleyball court finds.

Props Master

Apr 30, 2020
Decatur, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First order of business is a huge shout out to Pulltabfelix! He’s been helping me with tips and info for my new 800. I’ve been trying to give it about an hour each day to get to know the machine. He suggested trying some volleyball courts to start off. So today I remembered there an old court not a mile from me. Now just kinda a giant kids sandbox. So...here’s what I got in 1 hour. 757C1CA6-3057-4569-87A6-C93E34C6ECF5.jpeg
Not in the photo is a bike kickstand from 70s-80s. It was about 12” deep. The sand is 8”-10” then Georgia red clay. Which means it was in the ground before the court was put in.
So the coins, matchbox car and the foil wrapped balls (don’t know what that’s about) were about 4” in the sand.
Now for the grand prize! The bronze medal. As far as I can tell it’s bronze. The clasp is rusted away. Bronze does not rust. It’s heavy and not magnetic 🧲. All point to pure bronze. It was 2” deeper then then the sand. That’s it for today. Enjoy and thanks to everyone for your support!

Upvote 12

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey you got out in the sunshine today and were awarded a bronze medal for your efforts! :bronzemedalred:

It doesn't get much better then that,
Dave

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds! :occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love volleyball courts... especially on beaches.

Been detecting every one I ever see since I was knee high to a sand flea. :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome medal I love stuff like that are those marbles in the foil.Always nice when someone can help you learn the hobby sounds like a good person.. Nice hunt and keep posting.......Tommy

OP
OP
P

Props Master

Apr 30, 2020
Decatur, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tommy, those are just about the size of ping pong balls. Note the coins I am finding in the photo also. I’ve found about 7 of those wrapped in foil things and 2 small plastic discs wrapped in foil. The only thing I can guess it someone was either hiding then to okay a game with kids, or someone was learning to metal detect with them. They are only about a year or 2 old. Thanks for commenting!

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's usually a few things to find on volleyball courts, soccer fields or just about any other sports field. Good luck with the 800.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're putting in the effort,, its only a matter of time before the bronze turns into gold.
Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread