Found An Ear...Not What You Think...

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

So early last week I bought two Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101s from a guy. I bought them to help him out, but also, because I guess to satisfy an impulse to just...get out and buy something from another human being. I already have a nice detector, so, I don't need another technically, let alone two...and two of the same kind. But he said that he and his son used to detect together a little in the yard, and that's why he had them. I've ordered some new parts for them and am going to refurbish them(they were kinda beat up and missing a few things when I bought them)...probably sell off one of them, possibly both, not sure.

I've been using one of them, trying to see what it can do. It isn't bad...not a really deep machine but, like any detector, if you're in the right spot, especially a virgin site...you'll surely find something. I don't down talk detectors anymore...I've used the cheapest, light weight, most generic machines before and have always managed to find something with them...granted, they might lack depth, power or other features, but...learn to use them and you'll find something. Why am I going on like this??

Here follows some of the finds from my yard. I've already went over it many times, so I didn't expect to find much...which I didn't really for keepers, but it was fun. Among those things, of all things, about 1/3 of a wheat penny...probably lawnmower-ed into the dust. I thought it was funny because the fact that on the reverse is the left most wheat frond. So, had the penny been whole...I'd have a whole wheat penny to show. I think that little doggy is from an old game...like Monopoly or something?

Hope you're all well and dirty. Take care, friends.

~Jarl

Attachments

• 20200524_193425.jpg
    20200524_193425.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200524_194103.jpg
    20200524_194103.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200524_194139.jpg
    20200524_194139.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 9

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have the matching 2/3 of that cent. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on the dog...yeah, it's 'Scottie Dog' from Monopoly. According to one source, he was added as a token in the 1950s and is supposedly the most 'loved' of the pieces...also, beating the 'iron' in some recent vote to oust him from the game.

Trezurehunter, I think so. My first guess is lawnmower, but...looks like multiple strikes on that thing...and it isn't bent at all. Hmmm..

TooManyHobbies, I'd like to see that. At the moment someone has posted an, "Ugliest Coin Contest" or something like that...I might enter a few if I can find them...among this one.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found many rings and coins hit by lawn mowers or the knife salesman who cuts a coin with scissors lol keep rippin lots of cool stuff out there.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding things in my ear... I hear better after.

Oh you found an ear. :P

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool wheat cent find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Jewelerguy: I'm afraid it probably was...lol. Now my quest is to find the other 2/3 of it. And I'll be quite torqued if it really IS a 1909 VDB. At least I could say I found one...in two, that is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread