watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago at an old neighborhood park I was digging a target and all of a sudden there was a wet nose sniffing the back of my neck… a dog from across the street that had just gotten loose and wanted to checkout what I was doing in HIS neighborhood. The dog was very friendly and let me pet him so thats when I carefully held on to his collar. His owner came running over and apologized for the dog’s escape. We talked for a few minutes about metal detecting and then asked me if my detector would be able to find a water shut-off valve. . . which just happened to be in HIS front yard. When I walked over to his yard, I discovered that half of the yard was under several inches of water from rains we had during the previous week. I told him after the water subsidies, I’ll come back in a week or two and locate it for him.

Two weeks later, all the standing water was gone so I started my search and within a few minutes, I located the water shut-off valve. I knocked on the door and told the owner’s wife I had marked the valve’s location. She thanked me and said if I wanted to, I could detect the yard of their 1900’s home. . . so this is what I found.

I suspect the Buick emblem (1920’s ?) may be part of the radiator cap and the “SCOUT” knife may be a generic Boy Scout related blade from the 1930’s or 1940’s.

Thanks for looking and stay safe!

Scout:BBQ.jpg

Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice deed and fine hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the wet, cold nosed friend you made and for the finds in the yard. One good deed turns into another. Well Done.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure about the knife, but that Barber sure looks sharp to me. Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story turned out well for both of you!! Now just give that Dog a Bone and its win win for all.......Tommy

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your good deed paid you off with a couple of nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions