SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 3 wheats, 2 large pieces of lead, and this cool medal. The owner took it and wouldn’t let me keep it. Not to mention I was hovered over every hole I dug. That kinda stinks. �� At least I got a hunt in though. Happy Hunting!!!! 491835E9-F3C2-4CD1-AD52-305C397B336A.jpg AFACC4B6-BF8E-4B89-AEFF-C9E563DF4767.jpeg 994CA494-690D-4384-825F-3CD7B61339D0.jpeg E726F995-14A5-467E-8D67-A6C30AA25BA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 19

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over here I sacrifice good finds to the owners all the time. It's just part of the deal.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a WW2 Victory medal. $10 on ebay can get you a fairly good one, $20 for mint cond. Yours is missing the ribbon and pin. I imagine every soldier in WW2 got one of these. Several million? Here's a google image of your medal with ribbon. Looks like that guy was in WW1 and WW2. Gary

IMG_1179.JPG

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Glad you got out....I give up relics all the time to the owners...With that being said I will leave if to much hovering goes on. I cant enjoy myself and I detect to enjoy myself...I cannot get into my ZEN detecting mind set when I am being hovered on... :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Glad you got out....I give up relics all the time to the owners...With that being said I will leave if to much hovering goes on. I cant enjoy myself and I detect to enjoy myself...I cannot get into my ZEN detecting mind set when I am being hovered on... :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
Not an issue for me, they share in the excitment.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Randy. Nice save and thanks for sharing.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also give the owner something but the hovering part I would not like. Like if I'm working on someone's car zi hate hovering it will take longer and errrr

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point Calabash Digger. That’s what I’ve decided. If I’m being hovered I’ll just head to a different spot. It’s not that I mind giving stuff up once in awhile, it’s just that the deal We had at the beginning was that I got to keep whatever I found. I think that’s where the aggravation set in. At least I can say that I’ve found one :)

Last edited:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's gotta take a piss sometime :tongue3: Nice medal Randy!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point Calabash Digger. That’s what I’ve decided. If I’m being hovered I’ll just head to a different spot. It’s not that I mind giving stuff up once in awhile, it’s just that the deal We had at the beginning was that I got to keep whatever I found. I think that’s where the aggravation set it. At least I can say that I’ve found one :)
Yeah. That's why Cru'dad & I have a very clear & agreed Verbal Contract (sometimes written) at the start. No-one gets first pick on my best finds unless I agree. I have given away 3 Celtic Gold Staters. If I had told myself that when I first started I wouldn't have believed it. At that stage I wouldn't have believed I would even find 1.

thursdaythunder

Aug 13, 2019
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold / AT Pro / Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt congrats!
I'm with calabash on the hovering. I can't seem to find that rhythm you have while hunting solo.
I was given permission at a privately-owned historic site (now a museum), and the old lady - owner had her face in every plug before I could even get it popped, and instructed every swing of my detector. It was a little frustrating and not quite as enjoyable :BangHead:

Colonial Digger

May 6, 2019
illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you. I had that happen once and would never let it happen again , the time involved in the history search ,the hours of digging, before i start any of my permissions, i let them know i am a History, Relic collector and the finds i will keep or i will move on, i have a permission and find form that we both go over so there is no legal part left out, unless they are Family pieces or worth millions were legal agreements will take place . I have now 136 sites and all the land owners are just awesome and understand, and i have found items in the 500.00 to 1000.00 dollar range and all have granted them to me cause they have seen how hard of a hobby it is by just watching, day after day and i do show them all my finds.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Digger, I’ve done my best to stay away from contracts to search, but see the importance of them. This lady had purchased the home 6 months before yesterday and had no family connection with it. I have always given family related items to the homeowners. I’ll just chalk it up as a lesson learned and either move on when hovered over, or make up a paper to have them sign in those cases. Thank You all for Your opinions and discussions in this matter! I do Appreciate Your input! :)

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here ya on the hovering , I went through that this past fall at a guys place, not only did the guy hover but non stop talking even after I told him I couldn't hear him. he would be pawing at the dirt even before the relic was recovered and took immediate possession of what was dug.
no more of that for me , I'm a loner by nature and will have no parts of it.
I simply won't return to hunt his place , I have hundreds of acres to hunt that don't involve such a pain in the rear.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, that is a very nice medal that you found. Secondly, I agree with Calabash. When people hover, they take me out of my "detecting mode". I prefer them to stay away, and if they want an item when I'm done, then they can have it. I mean, if they want to watch me dig a hole or 3, that is ok. I don't need them out there with me all day.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to agree with the others, no following me around. I always give the homeowner first pick of the digs...I just like to dig.

Funny story: I was detecting a permission and the owner was so close I could hear him breathing. So I thought, leave or....so I asked him if he would like to help me; he said sure. As I scanned the yard, I asked him to dig a few of my targets...we could cover more ground I said. Well, every deep iron target I could find he was asked to dig. After a few holes, he tired out and went inside the house never to return. I let him pick though the finds at the end of the day, so everyone won.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s funny Professor:) I bet if I made her dig for her keep she would’ve split! Lol .Good idea! I’ll just leave next time. Lesson learned.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found 3 wheats, 2 large pieces of lead, and this cool medal. The owner took it and wouldn’t let me keep it. Not to mention I was hovered over every hole I dug. That kinda stinks. �� At least I got a hunt in though. Happy Hunting!!!! View attachment 1838602 View attachment 1838603 View attachment 1838604 View attachment 1838605

Yeah not a fun hunt at all. I could deal with giving the medallion away to owner but would be unable to tolerate the hovering. That is just annoying and ruins my whole reason to metal detect.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats why you bring a second machine at let them use it so they leave you alone:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread