cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
June 6th has a double meaning for me. Most important, of course, is the sacrifice our brave men and women made to take back Europe from the Nazi's in WW2. Thank you to those who who served and lived to tell about it, and an even bigger thanks to those who didn't survive, may you all rest in peace. The other meaning to me is the fact that I started detecting on the same date in 1970. D-day, as in detector day. I got my first detector, a cheap BFO machine from a local electronics store and went to a beach in Virginia to give it a whirl. First find was a 1963 Washington quarter and I was immediately hooked! Fast forward 50 years, and I went out today with 7 of my fellow club members for our monthly hunt at a local beach. I didn't expect to find much with the beaches being shut down for so long, and not getting resupplied with goodies, but, it was not a bad day. I've certainly had worse in the last 5 decades. Just a 2 hour hunt, nothing spectacular, but, I thought I'd share my anniversary with you, both the good and the bad. The good: a ring, unmarked, so, junk. 2 good pairs of sunglasses, a good pair of stainless nail clippers, an e-cigarette (no I didn't try it!), some fishing weights, and just a couple of coins, The junk is in the next photo and typical for our beaches. Thanks and good hunting to all!

Attachments

• 50years.jpg
    50years.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 50years2.jpg
    50years2.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little belated memory for the men of D-Day.

0607201853~2.jpg

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We should never forget.

Attachments

• D-Day.jpg
    D-Day.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 56
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did very well, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread