Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well got a late start this year with year 24 of my hunts at this facinating Rev War site that gave up so much history I was happy to share with u folks last year. Each year , for the last 4 have had low expectations for much less to be found as I have really pounded it so much. However always glad to be wrong and to my surprise two nice canon balls day one. 2 nd hour in rehunted a Brit Artillery emplacement and pulled out a 1 pounder. In fact the American's captured it then the Brits cannonaded it with this 1 pounder. Later in the afternoon rehunted an American Artillery impact arena where 6 of 9 cannonballs were found last year . Expected nothing till I pulled up a branch , swept the coil undo it and got a 8 reading on my Deus. Always a CB reading on my Deus .Moved away the grass and leaves and there sat an American 6 pounder about 3/4 in the ground and the other 1/4 just looking sat me . Ended the day with 2 cbs and 2 mortar frags. A good start to year 24.
This morning uploaded some pics. To me nothing more beautiful than seeing a cannon ball above ground. Only 2nd of 82 found like that. View attachment 1842191 View attachment 1842192

Attachments

• DSCN4414.JPG
    DSCN4414.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
  • DSCN4418.JPG
    DSCN4418.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 61
  • DSCN4463.JPG
    DSCN4463.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 63
  • DSCN4422.JPG
    DSCN4422.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 16

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your site has some amazing history

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
C

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. Operator error on sending up pics. They r on now. a bit rusty from last year. Looked at 158 times and can see pics are needed . Thanks Gary

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done and thanks for the images and descriptions. That large one was very patient waiting for you to finally rescue it.:icon_thumright:
Love hearing about your hunts as I have a lot of family in Maine and graduated high school just north of Bangor. My Mom and uncle had an old family homestead from 1796 in Sedgewick. Just wish I was into metal detecting then.
Oh, the things my imagination tells me I would have found in the 1970's!!

Last edited:

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a temporarily displaced Mainer, I love to see you pull these important pieces up from your site. Congrats!

OP
OP
C

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My military career took me out of Maine many times and now back in my "Golden Years" in a state have loved. Can take the boy out of Maine but not the Maine out of the boy. Am sure u guys feels the same. Glad u r enjoying seeing history coming alive. Last year I learned Western Eastern Treasure mag was going digital and not sure I like that . Also last Winter I wrote about the gold 1772 guinea found at my site. It was called "Revolutionary War Gold "and came out in their "Best Finds" April 2020. I would like to upload , since folks have read a few that here but not sure is the correct area to do it in. I will wait for some Feedback before doing so. Also the I pounder is British as most of them were hand marked with a "Broad Arrow" . As u can see from the pic it is a rough hunt and why there r still relics to be found. Thanks for your kind remarks. I"ll keep digging . Gary

Attachments

• DSCN4184.JPG
    DSCN4184.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Peterpockets
I thought about u and your family that other day as u mentioned your old homestead in Sedgewick going back to 1796. We were at the Bagiduce diner. Small world my friend. G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread