Treasures From The Bull Pen.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good friend let me tag along on a hunt at one of his long-time favorite permissions, a mid 1800's cattle ranch. For years, we were not able to get in to the large bull pen, due to, you know, large Angus bulls. It is now vacant and we got busy excavating in the decades of manure, rock, and sticker plants.

Highlights of the day for me were the 1906 "O" Barber quarter (a first for me) and the dated 1897 token. The token reads: " A. W. Hanmer's Method of Soliciting Trade for Business Firm." Reverse: "Copyrighted 25 Cts 1897."

Other flat brass and widgets, a lead pencil, a curry comb, and an old, plated RING rounded out the hunt. Thanks for peeking! Get out and get hunting. Cheers! Sub 8-)

Barber 1.jpg Barber 2.jpg
Barber 3.jpg Barber 4.jpg
Barber 5.jpg Barber 6.jpg
Barber 7.jpg Barber 8.jpg

Upvote 17

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff. looks like the heavy concentration of manure had a hard fertilizer effect on the barber and the token

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff. looks like the heavy concentration of manure had a hard fertilizer effect on the barber and the token

JG, Exactly the case, along with heavy concentration of rocks packed together in the soil like a Jenga puzzle, and stickers, ugh. Worth the fight!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relics and old coins! :occasion14:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice getting in there! Congrats on the Barber and the token!!! There's got to be more in there!

Saltwater60

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I’m just getting started and hoping to find a thing or two with my son.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread