Civil War map comes through again

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Carolina Tom and I liberated about 90 three ringers and musketballs from one site on the old Civil War map, it was very accurate, so I had a lot of hope for this new permission that is on the same map a few miles away showed Confederate soldiers on one side of the river and Union on the other. The permission is on the Confederate side and the Union side is all marsh now. I'm sure it's been hit over the years, as it's by a main road. Still managed this musketball, a three ringer and a button with no markings. Unfortunately, Tom couldn't make it this time but we have some other sites to hit nearby that the property owner knows about. Also a cool whirlpool as long as I didn't go swimming...

Attachments

• YemMusketBall.jpg
    YemMusketBall.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 60
  • YemThreeRing.png
    YemThreeRing.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 113
  • YemButton.jpg
    YemButton.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 62
  • yemWhirl.jpg
    yemWhirl.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 11
OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
The river was overflowing to an area with a drain pipe under a roadway so it was pulling in the extra and spitting it out the other end I tossed some tree limbs in and they came out the other side.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very cool whirlpool! Nice finds also. That map sounds like a real great asset for the area! Nice work on it!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs on your productive site. I wish you continued success on any return trips. Wtg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions