Trime time?

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunting a really old area near my house, not many repeatable signs to dig, head stamps and .22’s mostly. I got a scratchy 17 on my Nox at 8” so out of boredom I dug it. I thought I had either a trime or a half dime but it was caked with dirt and I was gushing sweat so I just kept going. Got home to clean it up and it was wiped smooth, I did the acid trick and I can just barely make out the star on the obverse. Let me know what you all see. It’s next to a flipped trime for comparison.
Thanks for watching (;

Attachments

• B76B0F8D-071E-4BA1-8146-64CBC3E64A09.jpeg
    B76B0F8D-071E-4BA1-8146-64CBC3E64A09.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
Upvote 14

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WEll Joe! It's about trime! Nice silver.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
16 - 17 is where trimes hit on the Equinox so I would say that you’ve definitely scored one! Nice job!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It surely has the appearance of a Trime, cool find! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
16 - 17 is where trimes hit on the Equinox so I would say that you’ve definitely scored one! Nice job!
My last trime rang up 17-18, it was in much better condition and a cleaner spot. It’s the one in the flip as a matter of fact

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a trime to me- great find Joe!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe congrats looks and sounds like a trime to me... one day a trime will be mine! I'm curious what is the acid trick that you did with the coin?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! 17, that’s a hard number to dig all the time, but it’s worth it!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna throw a curve ball. That coin appears to be very thin also. Do you think there is a chance it could be a Spanish 1/2 Reale ? (just throwing it out there). No matter which coin it is, it's a great find.

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm gonna throw a curve ball. That coin appears to be very thin also. Do you think there is a chance it could be a Spanish 1/2 Reale ? (just throwing it out there). No matter which coin it is, it's a great find.
I thought about that and texted some pix to my diggin buddy who has some 1/2 Reales and he said they were bigger, it’s also smaller than a half dime but just about a perfect match to my other trimes and add in the wear from circulation.........

OP
OP
Joe-Dirt

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe congrats looks and sounds like a trime to me... one day a trime will be mine! I'm curious what is the acid trick that you did with the coin?
I use the acid in my test kit, cover the face of the coin completely and wash it off after one minute. I had better results on a walker I found at the ocean, I was able to pull a date (1918) but trimes are so thin to begin with........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread