Old Eagle Globe and Anchor

washingtonian jr

Apr 23, 2011
Seattle, Washington
Got out this weekend with my brother and our friend Echoplex. We went to a couple foreclosed houses that our friend bought and gave us permission to detect them.

Saturday we hit up 6 different houses with no luck on my end other that a few wheats to my name

Today I got permission to detect another foreclosed house in the Seattle area that ended a little better. The first 30 minutes I found 7 wheats but no silver. A few minutes later I get a solid silver quarter signal. To my surprise, it’s not a silver quarter, but a marine Eagle globe and anchor pin! My first time finding something like this. I did some research on it but have no idea how old this one is. If anyone has a date on how old it is, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Ended with 12 wheats but no silver unfortunately

HH
Washingtonian Jr
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593403212.687825.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593403230.661634.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593403239.274909.jpg

Upvote 15

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have there looks to be a vintage USMC EGA hat device. There were a few variations of it over the years and I think that would be the M1914-22 model by the shape of the Eagle. The older version (M1875) had a longer neck and different wing shape...albeit slightly different (I might have that backwards though). Most are brass with older versions being the heavier ones, but some were also nickel plated for dress uniforms. It is certainly older than what is on my old uniform (I enlisted in '86) which has an Eagle with longer legs.

What does the back look like? Central screw post or soldered pins?

OP
OP
washingtonian jr

washingtonian jr

Apr 23, 2011
Seattle, Washington
What you have there looks to be a vintage USMC EGA hat device. There were a few variations of it over the years and I think that would be the M1914-22 model by the shape of the Eagle. The older version (M1875) had a longer neck and different wing shape...albeit slightly different (I might have that backwards though). Most are brass with older versions being the heavier ones, but some were also nickel plated for dress uniforms. It is certainly older than what is on my old uniform (I enlisted in '86) which has an Eagle with longer legs.

What does the back look like? Central screw post or soldered pins?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593406281.922524.jpg

It has the central screw post. Thanks for all the info!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be a hat pin found one years ago in my back yard witch belonged to my wife's father ...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the cool find! :occasion14:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice piece of Marine insignia!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds- Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions