Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Snatched this up off the road.

Saw it at about 25 MPH but couldn't stop cause there was a guy riding my ask. Was able to turn around, wait through two lights, turn around again and snatch it up! IMG_1882.jpg

It's an iron/steel digging bar. I ALWAYS stop for tools when I spot em! weighs 8 to 10 Pounds.

Haven't had much time for hunting lately but I'll take a road find when I see it.

Grease

Upvote 17

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a whole bunch of tools from eyeballing at speed and turning around. Everything from a socket from a 3/8" wrench to 100 ft of linesman 1/2" coiled line.

Pliers, Crescent wrenches and Channel grip pliers, safety helmets and throwable cushions/lifejackets blown out of trailered boats. I stop.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a whole bunch of tools from eyeballing at speed and turning around. Everything from a socket from a 3/8" wrench to 100 ft of linesman 1/2" coiled line.

Pliers, Crescent wrenches and Channel grip pliers, safety helmets and throwable cushions/lifejackets blown out of trailered boats. I stop.

Charlie, so do I stop...obviously. My two best high speed finds: One of these at 65 MPH. https://www.anker.com/products/variant/soundcore-bluetooth-speaker/A3102011 sitting dead center of the dotted yellow on a stretch of highway where I regularly do well over 80MPH...and so do most people. Must've fallen off a boat. Still works but not so pretty.

And MANY years ago I found a "galley refrigerator" for a Boeing 737 airliner still strapped to the small shipping pallet in the highway median. Found it within a mile of Sacramento Metro Airport. Called the shipping company and they had someone there within an hour. They gave me a $300 thank you for NOT calling the airline companyto let them know where their refer was!

I Stop too!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score on the bar, I use mine often-must have 3/4 different sizes.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you do with a dig bar?��

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find so many tools on the roads, that I started selling them in garage sales (because I already have most of what I find). It's a great way to make extra money, and they always sell. One time, I found a brand new pair of bolt cutters with 20 inch handles, still in the box unopened ! I kept those. Glad you found your bar. I'm sure it will come in handy.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mostly used to pry or move something that is too heavy to do by hand. Roll large stones, roll tree trunks, break up the ground for easier digging, lift a trailer, lots of uses for a pry bar.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you like that collection then you should get into Magnet Fishing. I have found pliers, screw drivers, multi tools, knives, flashlights and many other great finds.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Around me you go 6inches down and you hit hard clay and rock. I use one of these to break rocks and help diggging for stuff like fence posts. The ground here is so tough to dig, even my town behind gas powered auger needs one of these to sub in a few times while digging the hole

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great catch! The day will come you need exact this bar to pry something open. Hope it is a chest full of gold. :laughing7:

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a pair of costa sunglasses from the side of the road early this year that I saw at 55mph or so. They were in decent shape but needed some work. I looked up costa and saw they had a lifetime warranty so I called and they said send them in for repairs. A week later i got a call and was told they were beyond repair and they said they would just replace them. Long story short, got a brand new pair of costa glasses for about 20 bucks. scanning the side of the road has netted me many items over the years, this one is my best though.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go! :icon_thumleft: I too always stop for lost tools in the road...:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread