Sparse Colonial Finds and Nox 800 Continues to Impress

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right when I am ready to walk away from one of my sites she will yield a couple more intriguing clues. Yesterday I found my first two-piece button with inscribed design and an inscribed locket cover with a bit of gold wash attached. The nails have been driving me crazy but they often register around 20 so I have to dig. Plus I have been finding larger spikes. At least the nails confirm structures were there despite these people probably not having a large material culture to lose. The Nox 800 has been locating small pieces of metal even down past 6" depth including small lead shot. I feel like i'm engaged in three-dimensional chess and the longer I swing the better my chances of hitting something really nice.

tres109.jpg tres110.jpg

Upvote 7

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some really nice finds! Colonial artifacts are the coolest in my book (if you couldn't guess from my username :laughing7:). Are you sure it's a locket cover and not a colonial cuff link? It looks like there is shank mark on the back.

OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's true I love the colonial artifacts and search very hard often coming up empty-handed. You are probably right about the cuff link. I found this first set weeks ago and mentally need to put them on my radar.

tres63.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

IMHO: The small object is a cuff link.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree the one piece is a cufflink. It's pretty unusual to see a blow hole button like that with a design on the front.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions