glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today we had a cloudy day . So instead of 90 plus the temps stayed in the upper 70's Much better digging weather .went out to my bottle digging site late morning After digging for a while I took a long break and got some water in me .I went back to digging but I was mostly wiped out I was thinking it was time to go for the day when this thing rolled out A very nice ceramic pipe , first ceramic pipe ever .I also found a clay some years ago Is there any way to get n age on one of these IMG_0768.JPG

Upvote 9

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find :icon_thumright:but unfortunately I can't help out on the ID. ???

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Pamplin pipe from second half of the 19th century. I have a hard time finding complete pipes so I would be thrilled to find that one.....nice going.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to find a complete unbroken pipe bowl.

That's a Pamplin/Akron type reed-stem elbow pipe in a style known as 'ribbed/milled Chesterfield' but there were at least 10 other factories producing similar pipes in lesser quantities. It won't be before 1878 and they were still being made through to the 1930s. If there are any mould marks, that might narrow it down a bit more. The marks (if present) are often on the inside of the bottom of the bowl as impressed letters/numbers/symbols. Sometimes its easier to read them if you press a piece of plasticine or Blu-Tack into the bowl to transfer the impression.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet relic, congrats! I love the personal item finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread