2 more silver coins--another good story

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Wow, you won't believe this. I hardly do and it happened to me. If you read my post yesterday about 1928 SLQ, I had a "Groundhog Day" experience like the movie. I was so fired up by yesterday, that today I glued my detector back together, taped it up and did the shrink wrap someone mentioned and taped over that. I went back to the swim hole and hit a 1936 wheatie, then (just like yesterday) a memorial penny. Just like yesterday, I took the memorial and out loud said "this is for luck finding silver" and threw it in the creek like yesterday. So I keep unting and get a good signal in an area I've searched many times, but sure enough, out pops a 1946 Rosie! I let out a little yell and search a little more and find three wheaties in one hole, '44, 41 and '55. Then it's getting dark and not much time left but I get a good signal and within about 5 ft of the Rosie I get a really nice 1937 Merc! Photo kind of stinks, but another great day at the old swim hole. By the way, we are going to search this under water with divers later this year. Will keep you updated. I expect we'll find some great stuff based on what's been found on land.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_3746.jpg
    tn_IMG_3746.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
Next time wish to win the lotto, but it sounds like you are doing great for the time being! Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing your future posts :-)

Steeler Fan

R

rvbvetter

Alright! That does it! Two can play this game! WHERES MY DUCT TAPE?!?!

Great finds!! Keep it up. WTG!! HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG!!! Bergie...
How many does that make from that site? Have ya kept track of them?
Good Luck with the water digs...

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks, all. Leon, it is an amazing site and I will be seriously depressed when it is empty (and it's getting close). I really think I'm going to need therapy if I don't find another site like it. :-) I don't have an exact count, but I have found about 35 silver coins there, oldest being 1899 Barber Half. The oldest coin (non silver) is 174? copper halfpence. Others who have searched there (True_Metal) and one other buddy have found a total of about 6 more silvers, so that puts it around 40 total silvers. He found an 1869 Canadian penny sticking out of the ground, so that will give you an idea how untouched this is. The area of this swim hole is about half the length of a football field and 1/4 the width (very narrow). You'd never know driving past, it's just land along a creek now behind a fence on private property, but it used to be part of a resort. It was virgin because it's in a real small town and it has been so many decades since it was a swim hole, not many people knew about that these days and of course it was a "barrier" that it's on private land (the owner is a great guy though). By the way, the whole thing and the town was recently flooded by the creek and I could see the water washed over everything. I'm sure this moved some stuff around, including maybe some junk that was masking good signals.

F

Floater

That is AMAZING, Way to go Bergie. UHHHGGGG if I send you a dollar could you pick some lotto #s for me. LOL Great Story. Keep em comin. HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hey bergie........maybe next time you should bring a whole roll of memorials and throw them in the creek! you will probably be diggin gold bars out of there then!! that site is simply awesome! congrats on all of the great finds!

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Start throwing quartes in the river an i'll bet you find a gold coin next ! Great finds Bergie

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang! Next time I hunt I'm going to be throwing pennies like a madman! :D

Kent

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Wow, thanks for the update. I can't wait to get together with ya in a few weeks and hit the creek. I'm sure we're gonna pull some great stuff out with the underwater detectors and 4" dredge. I wish we could spend about 2 weeks under the water to make sure we get it all. I've been pumped up about this hunt for about 3 months now. I'M GOING CRAZY.
I can't wait to meet you guys too.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread