Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good stuff

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Hello
The following is the sum from the last two weeks of hunting, about 8 hours total. I started on a new US base and the housing areas has been rewarding me with some good coins. However, the local parade ground still gives up the goods. I tried the MINOLTA deep program, got some deep silver with it. For XLT users I use a stock C&J program, AC Sen to 67, Pre-Am to 3 and sweep speed down to 12-14.. I like it. I'm a bit under the weather therefore I will not have full captions on all pictures.
Notables:
1944 Mercury, 1956 dime, 1940 nickel
1943 Belgian coin, English and Canadian pennies
A huge lead bullet (old) over 80cal
Clad, Clad and ton of uniform insignia. and those cool crossed sabers from a hat (old)

Thanks
HH

Attachments

• 12 Nov 07 part 1.jpg
    12 Nov 07 part 1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,663
  • 12 Nov 07 part 2.jpg
    12 Nov 07 part 2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 920
  • 12 Nov 07 part 3.jpg
    12 Nov 07 part 3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 882
  • 12 Nov 07 part 4.jpg
    12 Nov 07 part 4.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 866
  • 12 Nov 07 part 5.jpg
    12 Nov 07 part 5.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 850
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good s

Awesome finds! I really like the crossed swords over the wreath, are they German? Reverse should be a give away. I might be able to help on the unit crest and crest with an arrow IDs. HH, Mike

OP
OP

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Mike
I believe the crossed swords are German, found about 5 inches down near a lake at Vilseck, no markings on the reverse. Notice the lead seal on the center of the last photo, I can make out an image and writing. The arrow unit is 1-8 or the 8th Infantry, they are still in Germany. Ill be at Vilseck for the next 2 weeks.
HH

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love that collection of militrary pins :)

HH
-GC

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Got a nice collection there, You, Mike, my mate and I, plus Birdman (Unfortunately still stuck Stateside), now that would be a team to get some hunting done. ;-)
HH Ray

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some really great finds there. I've often wondered if I would have had a detector in Nam if I would have found anything there besides bombs.

Keep swingin, and lots more luck. HH

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

Looks like a few live ones there and a plunger. I take it you dig a little slower than the normal joe? but i can see its worth the risk though, very nice !

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

I'm sorry but after closer scrutiny i believe i counted close to 30 live and i believe i can see were they carfully grasped the detonator to disarm it. Thats some neat stuff & you must have nerves of steel dude, my hats off to ya!!!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a hunt! The button with the eagle and the crown is in great shape .I found two of those when I was there but mine are rough.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THat's a lot of loot 88---Congrats on some good hunting.

OP
OP

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Thanks all
I'm pretty careful with the live ammo, however, its pretty stable. I trying to get an ID on the buttons and crossed sabers.
HH

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
WTG 88......Let us know when you get the stuff ID'd HH

Desertfox

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good s

The "Victory Through Skill" crest is from the 1st Engineer Brigade and the Arrow is from the 26th Infantry Division, "Blue Spaders". Good luck detecting Vilseck, I'm on sick call with a nasty cold or I would be in Baumholder. HH, Mike

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!

I like the iron cross but it looks a little small? is it real ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed what I think is an old Soviet ring but pretty cruddy. May be a WWII artifact. Even neater if it is. Monty

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Castle Keep brings up a good point, check the back of that Marksmanship badge, looks shiney. I found one marked "Sterling" just like yours and have a few newer ones as well. HH, Mike

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
88irocarmy said:
Hello
The following is the sum from the last two weeks of hunting, about 8 hours total. I started on a new US base and the housing areas has been rewarding me with some good coins. However, the local parade ground still gives up the goods. I tried the MINOLTA deep program, got some deep silver with it. For XLT users I use a stock C&J program, AC Sen to 67, Pre-Am to 3 and sweep speed down to 12-14.. I like it. I'm a bit under the weather therefore I will not have full captions on all pictures.
Notables:
1944 Mercury, 1956 dime, 1940 nickel
1943 Belgian coin, English and Canadian pennies
A huge lead bullet (old) over 80cal
Clad, Clad and ton of uniform insignia. and those cool crossed sabers from a hat (old)

Thanks
HH

You might want to try Terry's preamp program, killer for deep silver!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread