Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Feb 2007
    Rhineland Gerrmany
    Deus XP 3.2
    32 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good stuff

Hello
    The following is the sum from the last two weeks of hunting, about 8 hours total. I started on a new US base and the housing areas has been rewarding me with some good coins. However, the local parade ground still gives up the goods. I tried the MINOLTA deep program, got some deep silver with it. For XLT users I use a stock C&J program, AC Sen to 67, Pre-Am to 3 and sweep speed down to 12-14.. I like it. I'm a bit under the weather therefore I will not have full captions on all pictures.
    Notables:
    1944 Mercury, 1956 dime, 1940 nickel
    1943 Belgian coin, English and Canadian pennies
    A huge lead bullet (old) over 80cal
    Clad, Clad and ton of uniform insignia. and those cool crossed sabers from a hat (old)

Thanks
    HH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Nov 07 part 1.jpg 
Views:	1543 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	165789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Nov 07 part 2.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	165790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Nov 07 part 3.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	165791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Nov 07 part 4.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	165792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 Nov 07 part 5.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	165793  

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    134 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good s

Awesome finds! I really like the crossed swords over the wreath, are they German? Reverse should be a give away. I might be able to help on the unit crest and crest with an arrow IDs. HH, Mike

us
    Feb 2007
    Rhineland Gerrmany
    Deus XP 3.2
    32 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good stuff

Mike
    I believe the crossed swords are German, found about 5 inches down near a lake at Vilseck, no markings on the reverse. Notice the lead seal on the center of the last photo, I can make out an image and writing. The arrow unit is 1-8 or the 8th Infantry, they are still in Germany. Ill be at Vilseck for the next 2 weeks.
    HH

us
    Sep 2005
    Indiana
    Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
    324 times

Re: Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good stuff

i love that collection of militrary pins

HH
    -GC

May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
    1 times

Got a nice collection there, You, Mike, my mate and I, plus Birdman (Unfortunately still stuck Stateside), now that would be a team to get some hunting done. ;-)
    HH Ray
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

us
    Oct 2006
    2270 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Great finds

Jul 2004
    The Great White North
    White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark

Wow !!! Totally cool recoveries.The crossed swords badge is a homerun.Keep up the good work.God Bless and HH..Panz

us
    Oldest Coin Found is a 1853 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Jul 2007
    Star City
    White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

Some really great finds there. I've often wondered if I would have had a detector in Nam if I would have found anything there besides bombs.

Keep swingin, and lots more luck. HH

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

Looks like a few live ones there and a plunger. I take it you dig a little slower than the normal joe? but i can see its worth the risk though, very nice !

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

I'm sorry but after closer scrutiny i believe i counted close to 30 live and i believe i can see were they carfully grasped the detonator to disarm it. Thats some neat stuff & you must have nerves of steel dude, my hats off to ya!!!!

us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Etrac, Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with whites and minelab pinpointers
    1296 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

One heck of a hunt! The button with the eagle and the crown is in great shape .I found two of those when I was there but mine are rough.
    God and country.

us
    Jan 2007
    Northern Illinois
    Whites XLT Tecnitiks Delta 400
    13 times

THat's a lot of loot 88---Congrats on some good hunting.

us
    Feb 2007
    Rhineland Gerrmany
    Deus XP 3.2
    32 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Thanks all
    I'm pretty careful with the live ammo, however, its pretty stable. I trying to get an ID on the buttons and crossed sabers.
    HH

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2007
    Oklahoma
    Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
    6 times

WTG 88......Let us know when you get the stuff ID'd HH

Desertfox
    Happy Hunting

Desertfox
    (Paul)

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    134 times

Re: Germany Finds (Part 16) Silver, military items, coins, coins, coins...good s

The "Victory Through Skill" crest is from the 1st Engineer Brigade and the Arrow is from the 26th Infantry Division, "Blue Spaders". Good luck detecting Vilseck, I'm on sick call with a nasty cold or I would be in Baumholder. HH, Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links