Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you will go back and read cannonball's May 4th thread, you will see my comment, where I said, "I'm obsessed with finding a USA button."

Well, guess what?

Went out with mbcuce to a new spot. My machine was acting squirrelly, so we agreed to take turns with his. It's nicer anyway. As soon as one of us would find something "decent" we would hand over the detector and the other person would use the pointer. mbcuce found a plain flat button and handed me the Equinox. I got a good consistent signal and he retrieved it with the pointer. (Clearly, there is going to be some controversy concerning ownership, here.) Keep in mind, we have both been on a mission to find our first Continental Army Rev War button, so when he said "U S A" I didn't believe him and I almost didn't believe my eyes. Still can't believe it.

Together, we found some other interesting things on the same hunt.

usa1.jpg
usareverse.jpg
usasize.jpg
Would this size be a cuff button or coat button?

pn.jpg
Maybe a PN button? The size matches one that I already had, but this one is pretty rough.

tip1.jpg
Could this be a ramrod tip? The other end is solid, but it's pewter, which doesn't seem like the right material.

View attachment lockparts.jpg
I think these could be Civil War era lock parts. Not sure.

group1.jpg
Notice the crude projectile point at the bottom. There is no "good" stone down here, but Native Americans did make points from the soft sandstone found along our rivers.

Upvote 46

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that’s a stunning button, congrats!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on finding your white whale

lowcountry

Jan 30, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a PN button, I have 4 or 5 of them. Outstanding finds!!😊

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
really amazing condition on that one...you can scratch that off the shopping list
you couldn't have asked for a better Rev War button

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
really amazing condition on that one...you can scratch that off the shopping list
you couldn't have asked for a better Rev War button

Thanks! It's scratched, but but now I need mbcuce to find one, so we don't have to fight over this one for the rest of our lives.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Congrats!

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
one of the nicest ive ever seen,congrats

Thanks! Yes the condition is the icing on the cake.

I've been specifically looking for a button from the Continental Army for most of the summer. I mean, you would always want to find anything Rev War, but I've been on a mission for this. mbcuce has found a couple of British buttons and a loyalist button, but I had never found anything that was definitively from Revolutionary War. This particular button was on top of my list.

Now, I need to find a cob coin.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Yes the condition is the icing on the cake.

I've been specifically looking for a button from the Continental Army for most of the summer. I mean, you would always want to find anything Rev War, but I've been on a mission for this. mbcuce has found a couple of British buttons and a loyalist button, but I had never found anything that was definitively from Revolutionary War. This particular button was on top of my list.

Now, I need to find a cob coin.

Ill send you a cob for that button:)

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ill send you a cob for that button:)

Okay, I would put a Pine Tree Shilling higher on my list and really any very early U.S. coins. The reason I'm stuck on the cob coins is because the person I detect with has found 2 of them and 6 minted real coins. I've found zero!

Not long ago, I dug a worn barber dime with a hole in it. When I saw that, without my reading glasses, I just knew I had my first Spanish silver. :BangHead:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread