Old house yields a Merc and variety of finds

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Decided to go out and try my luck last evening before the rain hit plus it had "cooled" off to a mere 80 degrees. Went to a old house nearby. First thing that pops up on my little gold bug was this 38 Merc, old brass steel backed button, toy car, two wheaties in the same hole, broke brass key, the usual clad plus a timex, which took a lickin but isn't tickin'

Attachments

• DSCN6337.JPG
    DSCN6337.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 6

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a guy that has a post in garage sale finds that buys and re-does watches you should see if your watch has any value and if it would be worth repairing.Who knows it might be worth getting fixed up.I like those older style watches I think they are cool.

OP
OP
FloodcityTom

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a guy that has a post in garage sale finds that buys and re-does watches you should see if your watch has any value and if it would be worth repairing.Who knows it might be worth getting fixed up.I like those older style watches I think they are cool.

Thanks, it would be a hoot to get this old watch running

OP
OP
FloodcityTom

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks, it would be a hoot to get this old watch running

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good day in my book nice variety of cool stuff. Awesome job

Top Member Reactions