WOW! Massive 1942 WWII USAAF Bombadier 10K Gold Ring!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Massive 1942 WWII USAAF Bombardier 10K Gold Ring!

Well Hello everyone! I'll keep this short and sweet and let the pictures do the talking. Went out after work today for a short Birthday hunt. Decided to go to a median strip not far from home. Was looking for silver. Found a spill of wheats, nickles and a 1961 Rosie right away. Would have been just fine if that was the find of the day. Had about 15 wheats today oldest was a 1916. Was heading back to the car. Told myself 20 and over signals only. Had a nice 21-23 on the Nox. Honestly I was expecting a penny. Broke open the clump and this was staring back at me...

20200803_174709.jpg

20200803_174729.jpg

20200803_190755.jpg

20200803_190815.jpg

20200803_190830.jpg

20200803_190842.jpg

20200803_190940.jpg

I instantly started shaking and swearing uncontrollably. This is my first gold ever after 4 years swinging the coil. I packed up and headed back home. I thought it was a class ring. Wasn't till I got home and cleaned it untill I figured out what it was. 1942 WWII USAAF Bombardier Ring. I'm still in shock. It weighs 17.7 grams. Marked Jostens 10K and there is a name engraved on the inside. Im going to do some research to try to find the owner. Im sure this ring has been lost for many years and that the family would love to have it back.

Happy Birthday to me! One that will never be forgotten. Good luck out there and Happy Hunting everyone!

-TheMilDetector-

Last edited:
Upvote 116
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold ring, what a beauty! Happy Birthday as well, what a great gift you found. Best of luck tracking down the family of the owner.

That is a spectacular ring. Good luck with the return.

Super find!!

Awesome find. Hopefully you can track down the owner or family. I'm sure that would mean the world to them.

Thanks everyone. I'm still floating right now. From what I've found the owner and his wife have passed away but they had a few children, grandkids and great grandkids. I dont think it will be to difficult to bring it back to the family. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congratulations on the beautiful piece of gold. And even better if you are actually able to reunite it.
That says a lot about your character. And best of luck with your search.

That's one of the nicer rings I've seen on here and the first of that type. Good luck.

Thank you both. I've always wanted to find gold but I've wanted to return somthing to its owner even more. Hopefuly I can do both with this one.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a stunner of a ring! If you are able to return that to a family member it will be an incredible experience for both parties.

I was able to return a gold ring to a 90 year old woman after being lost for 70 years. It was definitely one of the best experiences of my detecting career.

Good luck, and congrats on the great find

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi In your effort to locate a past owner or the history of the ring I strongly suggest you get in contact with the " Mighty Eighth Army Air Force " in Pooler GA. They are the epic center for the Army Air Force during WW2 . They have extensive records of Crews and even The aircraft they served on If you have any initials ect on the ring I am sure they can give you adaquate information Good Luck https://www.mightyeighth.org/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread