HOLY SMOKES!!!!!! Today is my day!!!!

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cant believe it, today was a normal day like any other. Just couldnt shake off the feeling like something amazing was going to happen though so i packed up the metal detector and headed out. I took the horrible drive the usual hour and a half to an old "place" because I have always dreamed of finding a gold coin at such a site. Anyway after another half hour collecting ice, food, batteries etc for the hunt I arrived and it was hotttttttttt. I could barely manage hearing any tones, due to the fact my brain was melting so severly and I knew the day would be over quick due to my good old friend heat stroke. I had managed about 20 nails and kept digging the same pieces of smashed tin before I had to go for my ice water. I set my detector down and did a 180 towards the car which was about 30 feet away. I took maybe 3 steps before a light completely blinded me across my eyes, enough for me to take a step back to regain sight. I looked down expecting to see usual colored glass shining in the sun, but it wasnt. I immediately started to shake sweat and all around freak outtt. What had caught my attention was one of the holy grails of metal detecting my bucket lister #1! A U.S. 5 dollar liberty head with lady liberty looking right at me only the date was slipped in the dirt and the rest was propped and showing fully. First thing I did was call my wife then recorded me plucking it. Id love to show the video aswell but I was overly excited and named the location, showed importa t landmarks and showed fully my license plate...lol ofc.....Anyways here she is an 1897- s liberty head 5 dollar in all her wild west glory a true cowboy coin. I feel so privileged and blessed by God today and I wish you all the best of luck with your metal detecting finds. I started my search 6 years ago for this coin, im very honored. Dont ever let people tell you what you can and cant find. Hh stay safe. 15967685369881045020388.jpg 1596768602286467108095.jpg 15967686495651651067364.jpg

Upvote 105

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done sir!!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a surface find! Must have been an arid, somewhat rocky place? As here in the midwest, our soft rich soil with deciduous trees raining down their leaves every year would have gobbled that into the ground in no time!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing Bucket Lister!!! Congrats!!!! Wow!!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the old eyeball detector....great score and congratulations......that doesn't happen very often !! So cool !!

OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a surface find! Must have been an arid, somewhat rocky place? As here in the midwest, our soft rich soil with deciduous trees raining down their leaves every year would have gobbled that into the ground in no time!

Very true was from the desert not a single tree for 4 miles

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is Sweet! Congratulations man, what an a,azing find!

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
wow,just wow.can we ask what state you found it in?
brad

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...great find! Proves again treasure is where you find it!

OP
OP
B

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,just wow.can we ask what state you found it in?
brad

Arizona was thinking of saying enviormentally damaged or very fine for a good while though lol.

Last edited:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing grace, how sweet the gold!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice California gold! And with gold prices at record highs as we speak!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't have to worry about hitting that one with your shovel, huh? What a beautiful find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread