Pioneer finds in WA State

DOP

Aug 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! We are brand new here. My son and I are history enthusiasts. We detect pioneer sites in the Pacific Northwest, and I was hoping I could share one of our new videos we made.

I hope it isn’t a party foul to drop the link, but here it is. There’s no ads, just two guys detecting. We would really appreciate your support, and maybe help identify a couple of our finds? If you like the video, please subscribe. We’d love to show you our neck of the woods.

Here it is!

Upvote 11

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff,

Welcome to Tnet from Ohio. It looks like you and your son had a great time detecting together the old lumber camp (I subscribed). I look forward to seeing your next adventure in the woods of Washington - it is always good to see a father teaching his son about our great hobby. Good luck to you and River on your new channel. Walt

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNET. It would be nice if you posted a few pics of your finds along with your movie. Thanks, Gary

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I skipped over your thread when it was labeled "Pioneer", cause I figured it would be the same old coins and brass relics I'm glad I came back and clicked on it. The old logging relics are always great finds. Your shoe form is called a shoe last. Here in Pa, they didn't use spring boards as the tress went large enough as they are out west. There are numerous old pine stumps still out in the woods, slowly rotting away. Old logging RR tracks are still to be found here. Those splitting mauls are a pain to haul out of the woods.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning,

My great grandparents homesteaded on the Skagit river near Lyman - I live just down river now.

I have been lurking for the local logging camps for a while now - lots of general descriptions of the location of the 'english' logging camps, but never an exact location, but I hope to find one soon!

Thanks for posting, and making this video.

We have a metal detecting club in everett called 'pilchuck treasure hunts' - a very family friendly group.

cheers

HeatherM

Apr 12, 2020
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video! I don't normally watch videos but enjoyed this one, especially the historic photos. Added a nice touch for those of us not familiar with the history in your area.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.:hello:
I rarely watch videos, so can't share in your joy, please consider posting pictures on here as well - cheers:thumbsup:
Your probably get more interest & those that like watching the vids will still watch.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of historical logging camps in the Great Pacific Northwest that’s for sure.

Nice video

34FECDC6-A477-4645-A56D-8C433F56739A.jpeg

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post pictures please? I am interested in you and your son’s finds but I will not subscribe. I know I am a poop, but I find it difficult to “follow the hype”. Hmm, I think I may be a it of a Luddite.

aj

OP
OP
D

DOP

Aug 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know where to get real gold, but I’m always into the seafood!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread