getting rid of the evidence

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• hemostats and scissors.jpg
    hemostats and scissors.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 957
Upvote 0

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
WOW!
Straight/curved mosquetoes and Kelly pick-ups and toothed pickups and #3 knife handles......Hysterectomy clamps/non toothed intestinal clamps and # 6 needle nose pick-ups ...I know them all! I added some extras!
Say anydouble red bags lying around there..Warning, Warning, Dangerous!
Excuse me sir...with out sterilizing this stuff you found properly either in a 270+ degree steam autoclave or that of a gas autoclave you probably won't get them? sterilized..You don't have any idea what these where used for..In some cases it could have been used on an Aids case or that of Hep Virus which could contaminate you if you have any scratches that could be open on your hand,Even breathing certain disease's could be deadly,? If you don't want someone digging a hole for you within the next 3-10 years. I would say call the police so they can find out with investigations where this stuff came from.Not only that if you spread any disease form this which could be unknown ,you could end up in jail for a long time.This looks like something that should be investigated if it ain't being already!That is only the tip of the ice burg when it comes to disease's not mentioning the various uses for drus imparticular ect! Over 20 years of experience has told me that! Using Universal protection won't work either,Cross contamination could be deadly and you could take it home with you to your friends..Report it and be safe and get the hell out of there.
If you do not see any oxidation on this metal from weathering and dirt or rust,NOTE: most of these are made of stainless steal? they this won't rust...If they are still shiny.....Danger!!! they are not old! :o and the ground is probably contaminated also!And That is your surgery 101 for today.I had years of training in this stuff...Report it! or I will! Diseases canstay in the ground for many many years and even just from digging you can contract skin and lung diseases from years ago..TB .... Tuberculosis is one you can still get if you have not taken shots and can lurk in the ground a long time. Now!! What did you say you where going to use these for?

Hounddog

Mar 23, 2005
I work in a hospital most hospital engrave there insterments with there name so not to get lost when outside contractors sharpen/repair them. When a hospital gets rid of insterments that are to wore out they are cleaned first so not to pay more for bio wast. Most never see the trash they get handed out to anyone who wants them.
There is a market for them theres a booth at every flea market...
By the looks of the pile it was most likely some loot from a school bio lab, after all how many roch clips does one realy need ::)

O

ozzysdad

I worked in surgery for 17 yr's. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Get yourself a pair of heavey dishwashing glove's and gather them up and put them in a largeziplock bag and take them home and put them in container of bleach, and if you have a large enough pressure cooker you can re-sterillize them yourself. As for germ's, ordinairy soap will kill most viruse's, Aids is killed by exposure to air. It's a invitro virus, Also, remember some of the older surgical instrument's were made of silver, we even used gold needle's. Kelly's, and Pickup's and large forcep's we used to pitch when they would no longer hold a needle for suturing. We used to routinely pick thru them and take them home for the tackle box. I used to sell them to a guy who did taxidermy, and another who liked them for making trout fly's. They are handy for alot of use's. As was posted in a previous thread. Most hospital's do engrave their name or initials. Hemostat's and pickup's when bought new had incredible price's. most of the stuff from the early 80 had carbon steel insert's in the jaw's. And by law, The JCAH, Joint Commission American Hospital's required that all instrument's be dated.
Some stuff we just steam autoclaved, other more delicate instrument's were gas autoclaved with Ethylene Oxide, and is a carcinogenic substance. I alway's found a variety of uses for the old outdate stuff, As for the germ's and viral infection's, you have a better chance of catching hepititis from picking up the occasional turtle.

If your still that germ worried, pack a gallon of bleach with you and pour it or spray them before you pick them up. Alot of the general public's fear's about disease's are unfounded and supported by ignorance. Also, people using all the newer anti-microbial soap's thinking they are really helping themselve's and their familie's, Are only creating a larger problem by creating more highly resistent strains of bacteria's and disease's, that's the same thing that the over usage of antibiotic's has done.

The lowlife cockroache(sp.) has not changed in over 120 million years, he's just become more resillient to our pesticide's and learned to be more adaptive to the most destructive creature on this planet...... Human's........lol... i suppose enuff said....

J

JackRussell

I would call the police, let them deal with it... why would you want all those needles?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread