Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro in a fresh water swimming area in a local park. I set the detector to PRO ZERO with IRON AUDIO on and DISCRIMINATION at 30. I scoop up all mid and high tones or combination signals. Sometimes I dig the strong iron signals as well because they can mask a small good target.

I ended up with 35 coins with a face value of $2.78, a Hot wheels car, 5 pop tabs, 2 sinkers, some cheapy jewelry, 2 vaping devices, 5 good earring, a coin ring and a little foil as usual.

6F6FF380-B6B3-465B-A817-E95E76ABAF2C.jpeg

4 of the earrings are marked 925, 3 studs with CZs and a mid sized hoop. The fifth earring is 14k shaped like a flower. The petals are clear czs the red center and the leaf are actually rubies. It’s not the first time I have found good jewelry with a combination of real gems and czs. It seems weird that they would do that.

94A9B5B7-9AE3-466A-A7AC-BEC909D7CC3D.jpeg 219C2767-B326-4A94-92CC-2254B7EBDA05.jpeg

081C77AA-E5A2-41F3-9F7D-66329D704EDC.jpeg

The coin ring is made from a Missouri state quarter. This is the second coin ring I have found in the past year. The funny thing is before I found those 2 I had not found any coin rings in 17 years. Funny how these thing work out sometimes.

D416C34A-247D-4D65-BB76-336DB879C2F1.jpeg

Today I went back to the park and detected a different swimming area. In 3.5 hours I found 4 coins with a face value of $.22, a toy car, fishing sinkers, 2 retainers from a selfie stick, 6 junky earrings and a small cz dangle from another earring.

07210D91-F754-470A-863C-AB6964518D3C.jpeg D5256F5A-B98B-4403-B1D8-24ECD98C0611.jpeg

I did this swimming area about 5 weeks ago which is usually enough time for the contributors to leave me some coins and good jewelry. This time with the low water and fewer people out and about because of the pandemic they didn’t leave much. This swim beach is in the same park as the beach In the first part of the post. In the same time a lot more goodies were left for me there. You never know how things will go until you get done swingin. Another detectorist once told me that a water hunt was successful if you found at least a penny and a piece of junk jewelry. Well by those standards it was successful, just not as good as I had hoped. You win some and you loose some. At least I didn’t get skunked.

So 2 successful hunts, one much better than the other. You never know what you will find, but if you don’t swing your detector you won’t find the good stuff. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 18

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Grats on all the keepers and thanks for posting. HH ALL!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did real good lots of goodies gold and silver and a couple cars coin ring really cool

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds
Nice going

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The coin ring is cool! Congratulations.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Busy day but looks like you had a blast Good job

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Busy day but looks like you had a blast Good job

Thanks Tommy. Starting Tuesday when the state parks open up for detecting I hope to be very busy. Thanks for looking, stay safe and keep swingin.

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro in a fresh water swimming area in a local park. I set the detector to PRO ZERO with IRON AUDIO on and DISCRIMINATION at 30. I scoop up all mid and high tones or combination signals. Sometimes I dig the strong iron signals as well because they can mask a small good target.

I ended up with 35 coins with a face value of $2.78, a Hot wheels car, 5 pop tabs, 2 sinkers, some cheapy jewelry, 2 vaping devices, 5 good earring, a coin ring and a little foil as usual.

4 of the earrings are marked 925, 3 studs with CZs and a mid sized hoop. The fifth earring is 14k shaped like a flower. The petals are clear czs the red center and the leaf are actually rubies. It’s not the first time I have found good jewelry with a combination of real gems and czs. It seems weird that they would do that.

The coin ring is made from a Missouri state quarter. This is the second coin ring I have found in the past year. The funny thing is before I found those 2 I had not found any coin rings in 17 years. Funny how these thing work out sometimes.

Today I went back to the park and detected a different swimming area. In 3.5 hours I found 4 coins with a face value of $.22, a toy car, fishing sinkers, 2 retainers from a selfie stick, 6 junky earrings and a small cz dangle from another earring.

I did this swimming area about 5 weeks ago which is usually enough time for the contributors to leave me some coins and good jewelry. This time with the low water and fewer people out and about because of the pandemic they didn’t leave much. This swim beach is in the same park as the beach In the first part of the post. In the same time a lot more goodies were left for me there. You never know how things will go until you get done swingin. Another detectorist once told me that a water hunt was successful if you found at least a penny and a piece of junk jewelry. Well by those standards it was successful, just not as good as I had hoped. You win some and you loose some. At least I didn’t get skunked.

So 2 successful hunts, one much better than the other. You never know what you will find, but if you don’t swing your detector you won’t find the good stuff. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Interesting that there were so many earrings, and yet no rings...my swim beach hunt was pitiful after Labor Day. Only found a few coins and a car.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread