Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm embarrassed

After drooling :P over all the spectacular finds from other TNet members today,
I'm embarrassed that I couldn't even find two COMPLETE "Suburban Silvers".

The .45-cal bullets and the 12-cent pocket spill were found along a trail in a wooded
area near where some early 1950's houses once stood. . . The "clipped" Rosie was
found about 3" deep in a grassy area on the way back to my car.

DSC_9384.JPG

Take care & thanks for looking,
watercolor

Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Re: I'm embarrassed

That ain't nothing to me embarrassed about! There's been several times I've gone out detecting and not find even one old coin! You got a couple silver coins ~ that's SUCCESS in my book!!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whats to be embarrassed about? ;D Thats two more silver coins than I found today. ;) Good hunt.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A full silver and one with a piece missing would be a very very good day for me..lol Now, find the missing piece..lol

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yea what they all said..dont be embarassed...hell I dont find silver often at all..

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

Silver is silver dont make no difference if old or not still great finds !!!!!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

I didn't know we had to please members of TNet...looks like you went out and dug some silver and hopefully had a good time!! Not every one can find old Colonial coins, not every one can find gold rings or coins. I believe TNet makes it possible for a relic hunter in Virginia to enjoy finds from a coin hunter in Oregon, or someone in Florida posting rings that someone from Indiana can just sit back and dream of finding. But this site, from all I've observed had no litmus test to become a member.Nice finds and hope to see more silver!!

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Lucky you! I've been out 3 times with my (very first) MD and have only found two rusted nails, a soda can and pop tops. That was on my first try, zilch, nada, nothing on the other two trys.
Reading the posts on here keep my psyched. I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures of what others have uncovered.
Happy hunting!!! Keep those posts coming!

;D

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel

Hi, That is a good day too me!!!! ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jack(IN) said:
I didn't know we had to please members of TNet...looks like you went out and dug some silver and hopefully had a good time!! Not every one can find old Colonial coins, not every one can find gold rings or coins. I believe TNet makes it possible for a relic hunter in Virginia to enjoy finds from a coin hunter in Oregon, or someone in Florida posting rings that someone from Indiana can just sit back and dream of finding. But this site, from all I've observed had no litmus test to become a member.Nice finds and hope to see more silver!!

Well said Jack.

Congrats Watercolor. I wish I could find a Rosie at all. :'(
Great job.
-MM-

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
Jack(IN) said:

Well said Jack.

Congrats Watercolor. I wish I could find a Rosie at all. :'(
Great job.
-MM-
I was about ready to make the same comment and then I scrolled down a little more to see that you beat me to it MM. There are so many different kinds of finds being posted on this site. That's why I like it so much. Each and every find is good in it's own way. Nobody should ever have to think about whether or not they should post a find because they think it isn'y good enough. Nice silver!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

a couple silver rosies not bad ---- many trips with no silver under my belt --

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Nice going WC. 8) Isn't it nice to find silver? I've hunted this one razed house site over 20X and just found the 1st silver out of it. Persistence=Perseverance. HH!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006

Hey listen,2 silver coins is a good hunt in most of our books.We all have numerous hunts that produce no old coins or jewlery.HH

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Good find Watercolor That cliped rosie actually looks like ike is kinda frowning about it

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2 silvers makes any hunt a good one. Good hunt Watercolor

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

That was a great hunt! Before I found my latest silver, I had not found any silver for a month and a half, or maybe two months. WTG!!!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Well you've two more silvers than I've found this year (or any coins at all for that matter). That's OK though, I'll get caught up in the spring after I get back to the states.

WTG!!!
-SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread