Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last time I went I found my largest grape shot which is a little smaller than a baseball and a 1700s padlock. So it’s supposed to rain all this week so I went out there for five hours and this is what I got IMG_0437.jpg
You can say a lot of things about this hobby it brings joy to your life But let me give it to you straight nobody has ever said it’s easy. I’m doing some electrolysis on my fines and I look forward showing you my treasure that was beneath a whole Lotta iron.The field of dreams Have made me fall on my back and be giddy like a schoolboy but it will make you humble

Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are goodies hiding among that junk! :icon_thumleft:

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I went I found my largest grape shot which is a little smaller than a baseball and a 1700s padlock. So it’s supposed to rain all this week so I went out there for five hours and this is what I got View attachment 1862631
You can say a lot of things about this hobby it brings joy to your life But let me give it to you straight nobody has ever said it’s easy. I’m doing some electrolysis on my fines and I look forward showing you my treasure that was beneath a whole Lotta iron.The field of dreams Have made me fall on my back and be giddy like a schoolboy but it will make you humble

We post the good finds, but don’t always show all the trash we dig to find them. Thanks for showing all the newbies how it really works. Good luck on your next trip put, stay safe and keep swingin.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My knees and back hurt just seeing all that.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Feeling the pain from all that digging ? The gold is coming TP

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are Trash Diggers, if you can be happy digging trash your do just find. Thats what I coach newbies who think you can programme the machine & go & find gold & silver.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We post the good finds, but don’t always show all the trash we dig to find them. Thanks for showing all the newbies how it really works. Good luck on your next trip put, stay safe and keep swingin.

And after today it’s supposed to rain for nine days so it’s not if I want to go back out there it’s a must. Thank you tnt-hunter

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are Trash Diggers, if you can be happy digging trash your do just find. Thats what I coach newbies who think you can programme the machine & go & find gold & silver.

You right CRUSADER It involves research digging through every thing from red brick Alderbrook roots white shells And just hard clad and after driving an hour you swing for four hours with nothing but trash to where you’re so humble you’re saying please give me a buffalo nickel I’ll be happy it’s insane lol

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an average day for me also Truth. We should be digging a lot of garbage if you want to also find the good items. Most of us just don't show all of the junk. Thanks for posting a reality picture !

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day will come when you just can't dig every target then what will you do ? So now that you have spent your time and energy digging all that trash and your whipped you go home with a bag of trash...what if you used your discriminator and didn't waste your time digging trash you might find something good that you wouldn't have because you wore yourself out digging trash.....think about that.....

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This year I started keeping all my "junk" metal in a bucket. At ReStore, we sort scrap for recycling, and the money goes toward building homes for the building side, Habitat for Humanity.

As I volunteer at ReStore, I am sure it will also be good for some good-natured ribbing on my part.

Consider keeping this stuff out of the landfill, and helping the less fortunate!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day will come when you just can't dig every target then what will you do ? So now that you have spent your time and energy digging all that trash and your whipped you go home with a bag of trash...what if you used your discriminator and didn't waste your time digging trash you might find something good that you wouldn't have because you wore yourself out digging trash.....think about that.....

I like digging iffies It’s like gambling and losing weight at the same time

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where there's trash there's cash, sometimes it's the one way to find it. Impressive haul

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where there's trash there's cash, sometimes it's the one way to find it. Impressive haul

I appreciate that cheffer there are a lot of bent square nails that you just got a dig this piece of property is near a subdivision next to the Bayou. I metal detector the Fort and decided to let it heal up so I went on the other side of the Bayou where I thought even though the fort did not have any action if I was there I would fire off a couple of cannon balls which I have found one. I’m still doing electrolysis on two 1700s padlocks and a big grape shot that has holes in it which makes me want to believe it’s so crude that it might be from colonial time sets all my other great shots I found were perfectly round I’ll be posting some pictures tomorrow I still got them cooking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread