1775 George 111

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little play time in one of my sandbox sites today. I always enjoy the condition of the coins from my sandbox sites. Also found a few buttons and this 17mm copper disc. I thought that they may be gaming pieces but I'm not sure what they are. There are about a half of dozen from this site. Any Ideas ??? george111.jpg 20200912_164942.jpg

Upvote 13

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful KG 111. From the picture the other disc looks to me like a badly eaten up flat button with the shank missing. I see a dotted ring around the center and lettering around the outside edge. I could be wrong but I have found 1 or 2 that look very much like it. Congratulations, stay safe and keep swingin.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful KG 111. From the picture the other disc looks to me like a badly eaten up flat button with the shank missing. I see a dotted ring around the center and lettering around the outside edge. I could be wrong but I have found 1 or 2 that look very much like it. Congratulations, stay safe and keep swingin.
It definitely is a button

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it’s a real KGIII and not counterfeit? Not that it would be a bad thing. Spectacular in either case
If found in the Us statically it should be as more Geo III counterfeits are found than Regal & 1775 being the most common.
However, need to see the other side, its a pretty good copy actually, nothing real stand out funky about it yet.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice copper indeed-congrats.
The button has me wondering if it was used as a gaming pice or replacement coinage because of shortages (wonder what the weight is compared to a half penny) At least this what happened in Canada during the shortages.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread