6am on the High School Practice Field with PLAZZ58

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out this morning and started detecting at 6am with Anthony (Plazz58), at our local High School here in White Plains. It was still pretty dark, but the street lights made it possible to see what we were digging. Had a chance to use the backlight on the Vanquish 540, and I really like the subdued red light. I notched out everything below 23, so if there was any small gold I walked over it, but I was hitting quarters like Babe Ruth hit baseballs! About 45-minutes into the hunt I got a 37-38 on the Vanquish, indicating 7"-8" in depth. Silver Ring! Broke a five-month ring-drought!!!

At an hour-and-a-half, Anthony was beginning to hit a run on quarters when School Security pulled up. The guy was very cool, but told us we would have to stop detecting, as it was a liability, and technically we were trespassing on school grounds. As always, I was polite, did not argue, and introduced myself to "Dan," as you never want to burn a bridge. I explained I lived in the City, and had detected the High School off and on for 15-years. He said he understood, but we had to go. Anthony thinks a woman who glared at him while walking her dog about 20-minutes earlier, probably called the police.

Anyway, a good 1.5-hour hunt with Plazz58, and a Silver Ring!:hello2:

My take (L) $3.07 and Anthony's (R)

Attachments

• IMG_4211.jpg
    IMG_4211.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4212.jpg
    IMG_4212.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4210.jpg
    IMG_4210.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • P1090598.JPG
    P1090598.JPG
    825.7 KB · Views: 55
  • P1090599.JPG
    P1090599.JPG
    603.2 KB · Views: 55
  • P1090601.JPG
    P1090601.JPG
    657.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 26

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good while it lasted-Congrats on the recoveries

I found it really strange actually even 15yrs ago a lot of schools yards were all fenced in like zoos.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great report Terry, guess you guys will have to wear your "stealth" outfits next time!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or wear this and move real slowly...

ghillie-suit-hunting-woodland-3d-bionic-leaf.jpg

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or wear this and move real slowly...

View attachment 1863284

In Arizona, we have "State Trust" lands, that require a permit simply to transit. Placer gold prospecting, and mining on State Trust land is strictly forbidden. Unfortunately, some State Trust land is placer gold rich, so fate tempting prospectors have "gotten lost" late at night and ended up where they shouldn't be. I've seen Ghillie suits; anti-flir blankets; camo of every type. If you do happen to get caught, you lose your vehicle, detector, and freedom for a while. :occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Arizona, we have "State Trust" lands, that require a permit simply to transit. Placer gold prospecting, and mining on State Trust land is strictly forbidden. Unfortunately, some State Trust land is placer gold rich, so fate tempting prospectors have "gotten lost" late at night and ended up where they shouldn't be. I've seen Ghillie suits; anti-flir blankets; camo of every type. If you do happen to get caught, you lose your vehicle, detector, and freedom for a while. :occasion14:
Well aint that the biggest bunch of bullsh.t ever.....God forbid you find a speck of gold !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but congrats on your silver Terry!! Thats what counts !!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good job Terry. Nice finds

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt with a fello detectorist...priceless! :notworthy:

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's too bad, but sounds like you represented the hobby well. Nowadays everyone has to worry about getting sued which has closed off a lot of prime areas. Luckily there's the woods where no one can see you! Nice finds Terry

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my best finds have been at a school in a town that has an open gate policy on the school grounds by open gate I mean when school isn't in session you can detect there or use the track or courts or fields but not during school hours and all the schools in that town are open gate.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to handle the situation Terry. There's always some busy body willing to stick their nose into someone else's business. Glad you found that ring and some change before being chased off.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt while it lasted! I know the feeling but not about schools. I'm surrounded on 3 sides by state land with much history and at the end of my driveway across the highway is national forest again with much history....all is off limits to detecting which really sucks!

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking me there Terry love this new way of life its like all I live for now....the next hunt...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread