Pants button? fishing weight?

iheartdetecting

Jul 11, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Started with a bounty hunter 2, just graduated to my second detector ACE 400 Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detecting_finds_(1)_(2)[1].jpg metal_detecting_finds_(1)_(3)[1].jpg could this be a button?

metal_detecting_finds_(1)[1].jpg metal_detecting_finds_(1)_(4)[1].jpg fishing weight?

Upvote 4
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting find!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top one that you ask if it's a button has writing going down the spiral is there any way you can do a rubbing of the lettering.The other may have ended up as a fishing weight but I think maybe it might have been a curtain weight?A fishing weight would have been solid lead and this has a different metal inside it.

OP
OP
I

iheartdetecting

Jul 11, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Started with a bounty hunter 2, just graduated to my second detector ACE 400 Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top one that you ask if it's a button has writing going down the spiral is there any way you can do a rubbing of the lettering.The other may have ended up as a fishing weight but I think maybe it might have been a curtain weight?A fishing weight would have been solid lead and this has a different metal inside it.

i'll do my best when it comes to the rubbing. an i well for sure post it. thanks for the advice

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A photo of it next to something( hopefully a ruler) to gauge its dimensions might help...

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9408B502-AD24-4C0C-9B14-066F7F88F0E3.jpeg

Fancy Jeans button for sure.

Here is a reference for the rivet style.
Jeans buttons are very consistent in the way they attach to the material
B2B9203A-C6C6-40B5-9DAF-B55A72CA9ECC.jpeg

OP
OP
I

iheartdetecting

Jul 11, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
I

iheartdetecting

Jul 11, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200916_093748[1].jpg
imperial star a female brand of jeans couldn't find a ruler. its about the size of a penny. Thanks for all the help. I am cutting my dads lawn today and got his permission to detected. wish me luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread