Found Men's silver wedding band with name on it-need help trying to locate him.

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting at a local high school, and found this silver man's wedding band, with his name inscribed on the front, and what must be the wedding date inside of the band. I want to return it to him, but I am having difficulty tracking him down. Can you all give me some ideas on how to be a detective?

Attachments

• RP's ring.jpg
    RP's ring.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 20

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest looking up wedding announcements from your local newspaper for the date inscribed, plus back a week or so earlier. If you cant find a match, drop the search and keep the ring. If you cant find that local connection it will be impossible to guess where it could be from, or what has happened to the unknown person since losing it.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good luck on the search!!! Congrats!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring recovery, good luck on the return! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks, Don....unfortunately, this guy lives in Spain. It appears Colorado is part of his last name from his Facebook page...I traced down a phone number online yesterday for a guy with the same name who lived in the suburb where I found the ring, but got no response. I will keep trying...

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, kudos for effort to return it.

Probably best not to post names on an open forum, could very well open yourself up to scammers claiming to be the guy.

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, kudos for effort to return it.

Probably best not to post names on an open forum, could very well open yourself up to scammers claiming to be the guy.

I can see your point, Xraywolf, however, a scammer would have to tell me what is inscribed inside the ring. On another note, I see you have both an ACE 400 and an Equinox 800. How is the transition from the Garrett product to the Minelab? I really want to get another detector, but I am not sure I should go with the AT Pro or the Equinox....your thoughts?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see your point, Xraywolf, however, a scammer would have to tell me what is inscribed inside the ring. On another note, I see you have both an ACE 400 and an Equinox 800. How is the transition from the Garrett product to the Minelab? I really want to get another detector, but I am not sure I should go with the AT Pro or the Equinox....your thoughts?

Though I have had the Nox for a year I have not used it yet, been killing it with the Simplex though which IMO has capabilities and features which rival the nox at 1/3 the price. I love the 400, simple and reliable but I need a backlight as I do alot of hunting at night and also need adjustable volume, the 400 has neither. No particular reason I haven't used the nox yet, just been busy with limited chances to detect. AT I used only in the water, was hoping to do that with the nox but after a flood of reports from nox users about units fried from water exposure, I decided not to. I like the AT has been reliable in the water for over 5 years, but it is a bit dated in looks and features. If you plan on going in the water then for sure AT over Nox

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Though I have had the Nox for a year I have not used it yet, been killing it with the Simplex though which IMO has capabilities and features which rival the nox at 1/3 the price. I love the 400, simple and reliable but I need a backlight as I do alot of hunting at night and also need adjustable volume, the 400 has neither. No particular reason I haven't used the nox yet, just been busy with limited chances to detect. AT I used only in the water, was hoping to do that with the nox but after a flood of reports from nox users about units fried from water exposure, I decided not to. I like the AT has been reliable in the water for over 5 years, but it is a bit dated in looks and features. If you plan on going in the water then for sure AT over Nox

Thanks, Xraywolf, that information is very helpful!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, is this ring marked 925. If it is silver then I wouldn’t worry about scammers. Not many will go through the work to claim a ring of limited monetary value. If there is a chance it’s white gold then you need to be a bit more careful. Facebook is a great place to start. If the Raul Perez isn’t the right one then maybe he knows of others with a similar name. Or you post the whole story on your Facebook page and ask if your friends can pass it on. Also, linked in is a good place to locate people with that name.

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, is this ring marked 925. If it is silver then I wouldn’t worry about scammers. Not many will go through the work to claim a ring of limited monetary value. If there is a chance it’s white gold then you need to be a bit more careful. Facebook is a great place to start. If the Raul Perez isn’t the right one then maybe he knows of others with a similar name. Or you post the whole story on your Facebook page and ask if your friends can pass it on. Also, linked in is a good place to locate people with that name.

Thanks, Susan! It is silver...and it has 3 small stones in it. If they are real diamonds, they are so small they aren't worth much...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread