Soccer Field SHOCKER!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow wasn't expecting to pull this out!!! Wasn't that deep, about 5 inches or so. Date is 1929, so that's 91 years old!!! This is my third oldest coin found!!! Now that big of a deal for you veterans but super exciting for me. I'll be going back for sure!!! Maybe on my days off when I get my wisdom teeth pulled.
20200913_115640.jpg

Upvote 37

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty, I would take those all day long...

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beauty, I would take those all day long...

Thanks! First ever found of those types of canadian pennies.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a nice find. Keep swingin and there are many more exciting finds waiting for you. It may have been a shocker to you, but you will find that those older finds can be anywhere. It is not about what is there now, it is about what was there before. There is a ton of history in the ground just waiting to be found. Stay safe and keep swingin.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a nice find. Keep swingin and there are many more exciting finds waiting for you. It may have been a shocker to you, but you will find that those older finds can be anywhere. It is not about what is there now, it is about what was there before. There is a ton of history in the ground just waiting to be found. Stay safe and keep swingin.

I agree! I've found amazing stuff at seemingly modern sites! I assume that many others only go to historic sites thinking they will find super old stuff. But that's where everyone goes and the treasure gets rarer and rarer to find. Sites that don't have any old building around it may have less to find, but treasure is there for the taking because no other person hunts there.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow wasn't expecting to pull this out!!! Wasn't that deep, about 5 inches or so. Date is 1929, so that's 91 years old!!! This is my third oldest coin found!!! Now that big of a deal for you veterans but super exciting for me. I'll be going back for sure!!! Maybe on my days off when I get my wisdom teeth pulled.
View attachment 1863676

When I find super old coins in soccer fields predating the soccer field I always wonder what was there before.
A lil research might tell you more.Here in Vancouver, Washington we have some soccer fields that are behind Ft Vancouver. It turns out that it use to be their garbage pits. Ultra fun. I love to hit those fields after a good rain. I always pull out deep stuff.

A42CA1F4-B980-423C-B088-2F0C57D79DC9.jpeg

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I find super old coins in soccer fields predating the soccer field I always wonder what was there before.
A lil research might tell you more.Here in Vancouver, Washington we have some soccer fields that are behind Ft Vancouver. It turns out that it use to be their garbage pits. Ultra fun. I love to hit those fields after a good rain. I always pull out deep stuff.

View attachment 1863784

The problem for me is finding out info on the site I'm hunting. Unless it's a park or old historic site I can't find any info.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice find Mygirl. You just never know what's going to come out of the ground. Keep at it, and next time it's going to be an old silver!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the oldie!!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice find Mygirl. You just never know what's going to come out of the ground. Keep at it, and next time it's going to be an old silver!

I hope so!!! Silver is the best

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some resources to help you
This is one of my favorites to research what was there before

https://www.historicaerials.com/

These have also helped me in the past:

https://www.oldmapsonline.org/
https://www.loc.gov/maps/collections/
https://www.topozone.com/
https://zoom.earth/
https://www.davidrumsey.com/

When you do research you come out on top.

Good luck to you

Cheers

WaterScoop

Thanks! I'll check them out. I've had others on this site send me links.... the problem is a lot of them are for the u.s. only.... I live in canada so it doesn't help. But I'll give em a try. Appreciate you taking the time to help me thanks

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go tells ya theres things and coins that old there keep rippin em out and posting them Great job Im happy to see it.....Tommy

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There you go tells ya theres things and coins that old there keep rippin em out and posting them Great job Im happy to see it.....Tommy

Thanks for checking out my post! I haven't done nearly enough MDing this year... haven't feel motivated for some reason. But now with this good find I'm all in a rush to get more hunts in before the ground freezes up. Hope your doing well. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread