Finds from the past few hunts, long and many pics...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field has produced some very nice relics and old coins, as old as 300 years however, the site is a 1000 year old farm/hotel and I?m surprised not to have found anything dating the site.? Still some very interesting finds have been made and the following are a just a few:
I think this is horse rein guide for a carriage, it?s about 4? in length, found it about 6? from the car.
47b5da36b3127cce917aac8a11c600000016108AYsWjhy5cta

A whatsit, a thimble, three buttons and a tag
47b5da36b3127cce917aacc0118c00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Some of the lead finds, three lead seals and two musket balls
47b5da36b3127cce917aacc2118e00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

The average coin finds, obverse, 1907, 1875, 1876, 1876, 1912 and a very small coin, I can barely make out a head on it.? Found 19 coins total on this field.
47b5da36b3127cce917aacc390bf00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Reverse of the coins
47b5da36b3127cce917aacc190bd00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Found this awesome seal matrix this morning about 15 minutes into the hunt.? It has the initials A.B. on it.? Doubt that it is very old, 100-300 years maybe, as the initials look to be in italics.? This is the third seal matrix I?ve found.? It made my week and I finished today?s hunt before it started to rain.
47b5da36b3127cce917aac9811d400000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Top view of the seal matrix, the seal just fits into an American Nickel for size reference.
47b5da36b3127cce917aac8411c800000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Obverse of the two nicest/oldest coins found over the past several hunts, an 1849 silver 1 Kreuzer and an 1808 silver 6 Kreuzer
47b5da36b3127cce917aac9b90e700000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Reverse of the 1849 and 1808 silver
47b5da36b3127cce917aac8790fb00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

It was a beautiful day Saturday so after detecting in the morning, I went home and tilled the garden and the rest of the honey-do list.? After that I got on the ATV and went out to explore some of the fields I have requested around a castle built in 1107.? 3 battles happened here and where I am standing in the picture starts what was the town that surrounded about 1/3 of the castle.? The castle ruins in the background, foreground you can see two holes that were the cellars of homes, middle ground should have had a church on it, this is a requested field, I?ll be really surprised to get it approved.? The town burned down around 1750, after 3 battles here it finally burned down due to a lighting strike!? The towns people rebuilt the town about 800 meters down hill after that and took most of the building material from the old town and most of the castle to rebuild.? I have requested 37 fields around this castle, hope I get a few!? HH, Mike?
47b5da36b3127cce917aac8b90f700000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, sounds like you have a real great site with endless possibilities of treasures. A CASTLE, COME ON!! I SMELL A CACHE! I hope they give you permission that would be cool. Already I can see you came up with some nice finds!! WTG, Keep it up and HH.

Attachments

• Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 267
W

Wolf_Lover

Now Iwill tell you what THOSE are some NICE finds Congrats. WTG :o Iwas wanting to know if ANY of you ever used Or even heard about the (Titan 2000-XD) For $ 299.00 OnKellyco Web Site & 269.00 Off Ebay. I havent been able
To find many reviews On this Metal Detector. I was Going to get a (Garrett Ace 250) For & 199.00 BUT I CAN
fork out the Extra $ 100.00 IF it is WORTH IT . I t looks to be a AWESOME Machine For the Beginer (THAT I AM)
I have NEVER owned A MD in my LIFE TIME. So im STUCK between a Rock & A hard Place here.
Garrett ACE 250 OR Titan 2000-XD . Now i have read AWESOME reviews One the Garrett ACE 250 . But like us all
Im now stuck as to what to get. IF ANYONE can help out on this I Would be so greatfull. Thank You.

Keep Digging & Keep Good Luck to you all in your MD hunting As this is a AWESOME Hobby to Get into..

I need to lose a few pounds and this is a great way of doing it.

James.
Hope to see you out there.

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Wolf, I would buy the Ace 250, nothing but rave reviews on that detector, the best bang for the buck! Save the $100 and buy some good Grey Ghost headphones for the Ace 250, they really make a difference. HH, Mike

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Wolflover I just got my Ace 250 late friday afternoon. Seems like a great machine. I went out to a park right away and found some fishing weights and a McDonalds clothing line button. I suggestion is do what I did after and that is take some coins, silver, copper, nickle, gold rings silver rings and different stuff you would be searching for and see how the detector reacts to all of those. Ive noticed that the good stuff reads right on and rings out going over it in both directions. Trash seems to only ring out in one direction when sweeping back and forth over it and the LED indicator jumps all over the place. Now that I got a good idea on how that works I am ready to go out..damn to bad I have to work 12 hours shifts Sat, sun, mon and tues. Garrett Ace 250 is a nice machine. Good luck

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow. You may need to find a new site ever again...how much do plane tickets to Germany cost! Hah...good luck!

Arch

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Hey great finds! Keep on posting the pics I love em. My mom is from Germany, ive been ther a couople times. I am very jelious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ALOT of history there endless MDing spots. Im glad you found this forum, please keep us posted...and thanks for taking the time to do it!

W

Wolf_Lover

Re: Anyone From the Westland Wayne County Michigan Area

Ok guys & Gals Im looking for a buddy to go Mding with (When I get My MD) Mid May I have made my choice it's going to be the (Garrett ACE 250) from the people I have talked to on here & The calls I have made to Kellyco
It is a GREAT Machine for the money with LOTS of Features on it. So now thats is out of the way.WHO wants to go out for a day and have some fun. I DON'T DRIVE ! BUT I will pay for the gas ALL OF IT. & EVEN BUY US LUNCH.
ON ME. NO questions asked. Im just looking for a new MD Partner. And some NEW friends. Iv'e NEVER gone MDing in my life. And I would like someone to show me around this new adventure im getting into. DON'T worry im no serial killer or anything like that. BUT this is the internet and you can never be to carefull. BUT honest im a safe outgoing typ of guy just looking for some campionship and some friends. SO if you are interested and you live close by. Pm me I will give you my # And we can talk . Im looking forward to this like you can't imagine OR CAN YOU (LOL) , You know what I mean. :) But I just want to have a good time and a safe time. And if you live in Michigan then you know the gas price here isn't CHEAP & Lunch On top if it. So if your up for it LET ME KNOW.

Peace
James.

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey James, good choice on the detector. I saw the Ace 250 here for $199.00 with free headphones and free shipping, good people to deal with as well.
http://www.luckydan.com/Ace 250.htm

A few tips I can offer. Keep in mind, you will go through some frustration the first hours of detecting but don't give up, it will get better. Buy some rechargeable batteries, two sets, you will need 8 as the Ace takes 4 AA, I use Duracell 2050 Milli amp, a little expensive but they will eventually pay for themselves. Buy a nice digging tool when you purchase the detect, little garden type hand shovels aren't very good for hard dirt. Try to find a detecting club, there are several in Michigan, maybe one near you. I'm trying to figure out how much gas money will be from Germany, LOL, just kidding! HH and good luck, Mike

W

Wolf_Lover

GERMANY LMFAO umm ya ok I SAID CLOSE lol. But It would be cool . I know there is a club here in Michigan Mike.

http://www.ross-soderberg.com/phpBB2/portal.php Check out link.
I have be doing my research. But I didnt just want to show up to a club and say HERE I AM TEACH ME . Im NOT like that. Even tho pople would say WHY NOT?
Thats what we do we teach share info hang out md together ECT ECT. But I was just looking for a friend. Someone to take me out SO I can LEARN my Ace 250 FIRST. BEFORE joining a club. i used to be into RC Airplanes. I was with a club called THE FLYING PILGRIMS. Located here in Michigan. Now dont get me WRONG great folks. But I just seemed a little out of line, As I was Just getting into the hobby of R.C Flying. I just didnt feel welcomed BY (SOME) of the members. But As I look at life WE ALL get that everywhere. We go in Our lives. I could never understand that about people. WHY BE RUDE. It takes a LOT I mean A LOOOTTTT to make me be RUDE to someone. IM NOT THAT WAY. (BUT CAN BE IF FORCED). BUT WHY? I just don't understand people anymore today. thats Why I just won't walk up to a club and say Oh heres my MONEY teach me some things. But SOME people I said SOME ( NOT ALL) are like that. They think just because you paid your Dues to the club Now they OWE You. (NOT ME)!!! I have learned my lesson in doing that from the last club (FLYING PILGRIMS) I was in.
As to say I QUIT the club. And left. Just did'nt feel welcome. But I'm HOPING this time the HOBBY im getting into now (MDing) Im going to TAKE MY TIME. learn my MACHINE. First. Before I eventhink about joining a club. JUST ME . Nothing to do with people in general. Im an outgoing person . I JUST DONT LIKE CROWDS. Maybe I will just MD alone.
I don't know. I will see how things go. But Like I said IM NOT GOING TO JUST JUMP INTO A CLUB. Not anymore.
And I know all clubs are not like that, But Im a very Emotional Guy. Should have seen me when my son was born.
I think I cried more than my Girl. LOL. But anyway thats just my thoughts. People are people all walks of life each Unique in there own way. That is how the world is made up. To many Chiefs & NOT ENOUGH INDIANS. NO OFFENCE because Im INDIAN my dad was FULL BLOODED my MOM 75% (Cherokee). Man I miss my mom & dad. God rest their SOULS. Any way Enough about my life Adventures lol. Thanks for READING it.

James.

In Westland Michigan.

M

mtl-huntr

Wow.... thats the kind of stuff we just dream about finding.........great job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread