Last river hunt of the season nets gold and the hardware store.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
River finally got low enough to go diving last weekend. With this hurricane maybe heading our way and rain in the forecast probably won't get any lower or more clear this year.
Was probing around some cracks when I started pulling out hardware and tools, went and got my magnet and pulled out a few pounds of nails, tools, and various assorted hardware. A shed went in upstream during a flood and i guess I found where all the tools ended up. This is just upstream of where I pulled out $20+ worth of deck screws.

Not too far off I found the most suspect "gold?" ring I've ever seen. Says 14k but has a kinda brassy patina with silvery spots. IDK if it was just tumbled for a while in the river, picked up some trash from the stuff around it, or what, but its heavy like gold. Can't really make out the hallmark, maybe berrymore? Also found a nice pair of raybans and a few other shades, a wallet, blue tooth speaker, and 2 iphone 11s in the bag, both completely ruined.

20200915_174334.jpg 20200915_173413.jpg

Upvote 11

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Have it tested at a jeweler!!! Good luck!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me the ring I'll test it for you.:laughing7:You should get a paycheck from the county for cleaning up that place that is a lot of stuff thank you for helping to clean it all up.Do you guys back that way have a kiosk in stores that buy used phones I saw one in a Wal-Mart here in California if you can find one you can sell the ruined phones there, they give prices for the phones they buy.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've learned a lot from this forum. Like, you should never wear jewelry to the beach. And, after seeing your finds, you should never go to the river without a strap for your sunglasses.:icon_thumright: Gary

sunglasses.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread