went out this morning at sunrise

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an early start this morning and went to a local park only to find the grass was as tall as me and was not able to detect there, I went over the fence to an old convent that has been abandon for at least a decade. I worked for about an hour dug 2 holes and signal just disappeared my pinpointer was acting very erratically. I really was thinking there was someone or something watching me. But I stuck it out and said to myself out loud I just want to find 1 thing. So I get another signal with iron over tones . I dig the hole and pull out an old toy horse with no legs. there was a tree root over and I dug around it. My Friend Terry always tells me to double check the hole and I did. This time I get a good signal and find an old watch I didn't think it was any good as it is damaged. I sent Terry a picture of the watch and he thinks it silver and over 100 years old. Wow this is only my 2nd silver find and feels good.

I went to another park which is filled with junk to practice and pulled out what looks like a clad belt buckle with a $ sigh on it a key quarter and broken dog leash clip.

Attachments

• vcp5.jpg
    vcp5.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 92
  • vcp4.jpg
    vcp4.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 55
  • vcp3.jpg
    vcp3.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 40
  • vcp2.jpg
    vcp2.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 84
  • vcp1.jpg
    vcp1.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 13

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds my friend. LOVE the watch and horse!!:hello2:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a similar lead horse in Valhalla, about four years ago. Must have been very popular toys at the turn of the Century!:hello2:

Attachments

• Screeb4.jpg
    Screeb4.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 46

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Now if they would only tell you their story how they ended up where you found them. That would be amazing.

Cheers

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! Whenever I find lead horses or soldiers the thin bits(legs/arms) are usually missing. Sometime I can still see the teeth marks where the kids chewed them off, just like I see the legs chewed off of the modern plastic toys at yard sales....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread