cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe and I hit the strawberry fields this afternoon, found a few wheat pennies and clad before getting a nice solid target on the Deus. Was happy to see silver in the dirt, but...

fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg

So it begs the question: what is your most disappointing find? Would love to hear your stories and see your photos!

Steve

Upvote 22

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that's the coin in the pocket that saved someone's life by slowing down a bullet in WW2...hey, you never know what the story might be.

OP
OP
cheffer

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe that's the coin in the pocket that saved someone's life by slowing down a bullet in WW2...hey, you never know what the story might be.

That is true, maybe there is something to that. Thanks for your replies guys, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for getting a Walker with a backstory, those of you that know me know I'm happy with every wheat! Just seemed a shame to abuse such a beautiful coin in that way-GL and HH

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great, super cool find! I wouldn't be disappointed with that at all! Lots of stories you come up with about what happened with a coin like that! And... Silver, too! Thanks for sharing with us!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A walker is a walker! Too bad it's in the condition it is. My most disappointing find I would have to say was this gold plated thing that was about the size of a half eagle, it looked SOOO good down in the hole. I did end up finding a barber that day though...

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My most disappointing it was big it was round and I Thought I dug my first large cent and it ended up being a very modern token.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool coin I would love one with history like that.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup...I've come across any number of coins used for target practice.....makes them damn unique in my book!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a water hunter there are too many heart breaks to mention, like a big fat heavy gold necklace marked “14k Italy” necklace that turned out to be 100% fake.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t see that as a tragedy I see that is one of a kind with a lot of character. But now that you bring it up I found my second Trime and it was hit but not by me IMG_0226.jpg
At least yours was shot mine was just cut with no date. But I can see where you’re coming from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread