Vintage Boy Scout Medal?

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The things you can find in the woods. Spent the weekend digging up many 1700's nails and spikes but nothing noteworthy. This may be some Scout's Order of the Arrow ribbon. The BSA seems to like the Chieftain motiff.

tres155.jpg

Upvote 5

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think maybe a key fob or watch fob.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find. I agree it looks like a watch fob. I joined the cub scouts in 1957 and have been with the organization since then and I am still a scout leader. I also have been a member of the order of the arrow since 1963. All that being said this does not look to me like anything made by or for the Boy Scouts. Stay safe and keep swingin.

OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely true it is a fob but possibly one a Scout would own. I know historically that Scouts did camp in this area over a period of decades. I found these two slides, also a BSA canteen, official pocket knife, and three brass belt clips. I was a Boy Scout in the early 1970's and know that sometimes our Troop/Council/regional summer Camp did offer special awards with patches, ribbons, slides, and metals of our own local design. Here is a piece up on Ebay now with the chief motiff.

s-l1600.jpg tres52.jpg

OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Scout items I found earlier in this neck of the woods. Actually a Girl Scout canteen. All this stuff has been around on the forest floor long enough to be buried.

tres156.jpg tres157.jpg

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watch fob, circa 1930 in my opinion

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also believe it is a watch fob, and although there is no writing on it, it could be related to the auto maker Pontiac. There slogan was at one time "Pontiac, Chief of the sixes" for the six cylinder vehicle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread