Last Several Hunts - Big Silver, Old Nickels, Wheats Galore

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey friends!

I hope the start to fall in finding you well. Feels good to know we are on the home stretch of this bizarre year. I’ve been working on getting out there despite the dry-ness, smoke, rain storms, basically all number of different natural challenges. Here are the recaps of my latest outings.

9/7/20

Got out for an evening Labor Day outing with my brother. We hunted hard. I got a lot of non-shinies to show for it.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Despite no silver it was still a pretty fun day. Got my highest wheat count of the season at 19. Also got 2 tax tokens, a KGVI Canadian penny, a 1919 Seattle Transit Token and an old key. The oldest wheat was a 16-S. No rare dates unfortunately.

9/12/20

Got out with forum members NoThisIsPatrick and uscgdavis to try some sites. We all had an awesome day coming away with multiple silvers.

My highlight of the day was definitely the Walker. It was a banging 34-36 up against the sidewalk. It’s a little worse for the wear but felt so good to find. I haven’t managed many big silvers this year!

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

The Walker is a 46-S. I also nabbed a 1944 Merc, KGVI penny and 18 wheats.

9/17/20

I got out with my brother to do a sidewalk tearout. I haven’t hunted many tearouts and haven’t had much luck at those I have but I felt this was going to be different. This was in a little, private community my brother and I have pulled 30+ total silvers from not counting probably a couple hundred wheats. Thankfully it didn’t disappoint!

IMG_3621.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

My highlights were a 1903 V Nickel and 1930-S Buff. I also managed to bring home 10 wheats. As you can see in my brother’s picture he got a 27-S Merc and 5 wheats.

9/19/20 - 9/20/20

This past weekend NoThisIsPatrick and uscgdavis and I did a little camping/detecting/road trip to check out a permission. It has some pretty cool history. It was once a vacation destination and then a youth camp. It’s over 100 years old and we knew it had been hit but hoped between the three of us we could squeeze some goodies out of it.

Thankfully we did! We got 10 total silver there on Saturday. We had worked it pretty thoroughly at that point and just did permissions Sunday without too much success.

All in all it was a very fun trip full of good times and finds. Here are some highlights.

IMG_3656.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

My best finds were the sterling ring, 42 Merc, 51-S Rosie, 10c Trade Token to Grand Central Bar (Montesano, WA), 2 bathhouse key fobs, 9 wheats and a couple other old relics.

Thanks for looking and taking an interest all. Good luck to you all as the fall hunting season gets underway!

-W

Upvote 13

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Washingtonian
The 1919 Seattle transit token would be such a great find. You really killed it with your digs.

Thanks for sharing,

Excellent post!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man what an amazing couple of weeks you've had buddy! :occasion14:

Congrats on all those beautiful silvers, especially the Walker. :notworthy:
You're so fortunate, here in Canada we didn't use our .50 Cent pieces as much as you guys in the States did back in the day.

These are tags are interesting, how did you find out that they were bathhouse key fobs? :icon_scratch:
Dave

Attachments

• Adjustments-crop.jpg
    Adjustments-crop.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 66

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn son!! Nice work!!!!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn, nice haul sir. Love working the sidewalk tearouts, there are some scheduled here in our town for the spring, can't wait

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! Congrats on the big silver :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Man what an amazing couple of weeks you've had buddy! :occasion14:

Congrats on all those beautiful silvers, especially the Walker. :notworthy:
You're so fortunate, here in Canada we didn't use our .50 Cent pieces as much as you guys in the States did back in the day.

These are tags are interesting, how did you find out that they were bathhouse key fobs? :icon_scratch:
Dave

Thank you! The area I found the tags in is the site of an old resort and I found them in the sand by the waterline. I've seen someone by the name of DetectorComparisons on YouTube find these and he always calls them bathhouse keys! Thanks for your interest.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Washingtonian
The 1919 Seattle transit token would be such a great find. You really killed it with your digs.

Thanks for sharing,

Excellent post!

Thank you so much! I love finding those little things.

Ditto !!!

Thank you!

Damn son!! Nice work!!!!

Thanks JD!

Damn, nice haul sir. Love working the sidewalk tearouts, there are some scheduled here in our town for the spring, can't wait

Awesome. Good luck, I hope you strike it big!

Nice haul! Congrats on the big silver :icon_thumleft:

Thanks so much, happy to have it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread