Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Here's the Cane Bandits' latest video digging between hurricanes this late summer (Laura and Beta). Had some great luck with some military relics (what we believe is the shield from an artillery shako cap badge, eagle button, McClellan saddle hardware, and more), some stunning silver coins--including a beautiful seated half dime, sweet quarter franc, and Shangalang's first ever 3 cent silver! To wrap up the video is one of the "marble harvests" which we do this time every year. Enjoy!

Here are some highlights from the video:

A colonial silver sleeve link or button made out of a half real:

IMG_2771.JPG IMG_2772.JPG

1840 french quarter franc (my second ever; but I do have a 20 centimes from the 1850s ;) ) Shangalang also has two of these coins so I've caught up to him :laughing7:

IMG_2773.JPG IMG_2774.JPG

McClellan Saddle hardware:

IMG_3802.jpg IMG_2783.JPG

And both these pieces visible in the photo below:

IMG_3807.JPG

colonial spur buckle, 1690-1720 era :love10:

IMG_2777.JPG

A STUNNING 1857-O Half Dime sticking out of a clod which cleaned up beautifully with the aluminum foil/baking soda method:

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2776.JPG

A REALLY weird barrel tap which I haven't seen anything like before. What on earth was the purpose of this??

IMG_2781.JPG IMG_2780.JPG

fragments of a thin, silver colonial thimble, and its Big Brass Brother:

IMG_2778.JPG IMG_3835.jpg

And the spoils of our first big Marble Harvest of 2020!

IMG_2785.JPG

Keep Diggin!

-Buck

Upvote 28
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunts once again, well done Buckleboy.

Yes! It great to hear that there's others out there that can tune it all out. I tell folks it's the only thing I can do for a whole day and not think of anything. Just worry free listening to the beeps, dreaming of what the next good sound could be. After 50yrs it's just gotten a whole lot sweeter as I really enjoy even digging up the nails just to see, rose heads, clipped......helps date the next possible keeper before I dig.

Very well said. That’s it exactly, 100% spot on. :)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , The holes in the barrel tap end is for flow restriction as clearly listed on the data base link. Filter not .Seems the EU members should take their own advice , TP :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread