WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The past 2 evenings I detected at the bottom of the hill by the old home site. Tuesday night, other than the usual rusty nails, I found a piece of a curtain rod and a sterling plate butter knife. I will admit all I could initially read was “Sterling,” and I was super excited. Upon cleaning, I was quickly reminded that this is a “poor farm” site.

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Last night, I found a horse shoe and a half, nails, disintegrated license plate, something with an “R” on it, some kind of bolt, shards, and a button.

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

The button flew out when I was trying to get this “what’s it” out. The “what’s it” is still in the ground. The dirt is very dry and hard as a brick. Oh, and there are bricks in it.

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Thanks for looking! [emoji6]

~WD

Upvote 20

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a couple of nice finds WD. I like that butter knife and the button.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your getting in to 1800s on that site, I recommend you start looking for bigger size low tones or iron tones, I find alot of neat stuff going after the lower tones at old home sites, ax heads are one of my favorits..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A good hunt in my mind! :occasion14:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like your getting in to 1800s on that site, I recommend you start looking for bigger size low tones or iron tones, I find alot of neat stuff going after the lower tones at old home sites, ax heads are one of my favorits..
Thanks, TC. I’m trying to stay away from digging the nails, lol. I got fooled by some and some, I just couldn’t pass. I read so many who post that they dig every signal. I don’t have the energy for that, not with this spot.

What do you see that is from the 1800’s? I am not very good at dating stuff.

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt looks like my kind of site to dig....I like them all....no bad sites

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good hunt looks like my kind of site to dig....I like them all....no bad sites

Thank you, Plazz58. I am blessed to have this on my property. We didn’t even know it was here when we bought the land.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting relic finds! Nice! Thanks for sharing. I have found a few pieces of that same kind of "sterling" myself over the years. Always good for a short thrill!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting relic finds! Nice! Thanks for sharing. I have found a few pieces of that same kind of "sterling" myself over the years. Always good for a short thrill!
Thank you ArfieBoy. I guess that was the silverware the common folk could afford.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread